WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Is hair dryer your BFF? But if you are noticing dry and brittle hair with regular use of hair dryer, then this article is for you. Following a right hair drying technique could save your hair from so much damage and heat. If you follow the tips and tricks given below, you could still manage to have healthy hair no matter how often you blow dry your hair! Sounds great? Then keep reading! In this article, we will tell you how you can protect hair from hair dryer?
Ideally, hair dryer should be picked up only when the hair is 50% dry, you should never use it when the hair is still drenching wet and the water is dripping. Towel dry hair first because it will take more time and heat to dry out hair that’s extremely wet. It’s advisable to wait at least 15 minutes after hair wash before blow drying hair. You could gently towel dry and select your outfit or do your makeup in those precious minutes. Wet hair tends to get frizzy and brittle with blow drying.
Products to Use with Hair Dryer:
- You could use a detangling spray or serum to reduce damage and hair fall.
- Use a moisturising conditioner with natural extracts like avocado/egg/banana/honey to boost the moisture level of your hair as hair dryer can moisture loss (like I always mention hydration is the key to beautiful hair).
- Use a heat protectant spray to create a barrier between your hair cuticles and heat. Every beauty expert will stress on the importance of using a heat protection spray. You could get it online or at a beauty store, it’s almost every where.
- Be sure to keep your hair dryer temperature on a medium-to-low setting because lower the temperature, the better it’s for hair’s health. If drying hair is time consuming, increase the speed setting, not the temperature.
- Keep the hair dryer moving so that all sections of your hair get even heat. Remember to not use at a single section for a long time. According to experts, it’s important to hold the dryer at least 8 inches away from your hair, if you want to deal with dry hair, maintain this distance.
- If hair drying is taking a lot of time, consider gifting yourself a professional hair dryer with higher wattage which can quickly dry out your hair.
- Once your hair is fully dry, use the cool shot button on your hairdryer to reduce the temperature. The cool air will seal your cuticles and lock your hairstyle in place. This method will not only make your blow drying effect last longer, your hair will appear shiny too.
- The best way to reduce hair damage with a hair dryer is by taking breaks from using it. Try to avoid using a hair dryer on a daily basis. Consider top-knots or non-heated rollers and the no-heat curling technique (read all about it here) for days when you skip the hair dryer.
Do follow these tips to enjoy blow drying effects with minimal hair-damage.