This review will be on the Clé de Peau Beauté Concealer in the shade “Almond.”
A perennial makeup-artist favorite, Clé de Peau Beauté concealer is highly editorialized and continues to win major awards year after year.
Key benefits and ingredients:
- Enhanced with Revitalizing Moisture Complex to lock in moisture and smooth out texture.
- Blends sublimely to expertly conceal dark circles, spots and imperfections.
- High-performance powders ensure flawless skin in any light, providing maximum coverage with a smooth, even finish that does not crease.
For lighter skin tones, the “Honey” shade can be used underneath your matching concealer as a color corrector for truly dark areas. Pat lightly. Apply your matching concealer on top and blend.
My Experience with Clé de Peau Beauté Concealer:
Comes in a simple, practical yet luxurious-looking twist-up tube. It has a gorgeous royal blue 3D looking dome on the top of the cap.
I got the shade “Almond,” which has a beige tone with slightly warm undertones. This is a perfect match for my NW23 skin tone and helps cover any blemishes without it looking unnatural. Since it also has that sort of peachy, salmon-based tone, it also works perfectly as an under eye, dark circle concealer/corrector.
This concealer has very good pigmentation and coverage. It can provide medium to full coverage depending of how much or how less you apply. Even with a heavy, full coverage application, it still never creases nor cakes up. It smooths out the skin where you apply it and blends in so seamlessly that it becomes almost undetectable on the skin. It has a semi matte, natural finish on the skin. It spreads and applies smoothly on the skin without any tugging. I do use my clean finger to blend and press this into my skin. It does not take any effort to blend it.
I have pretty bad dark circles (blame my genetics) and I can never find the right concealer for it till I got my hands on this. It has the perfect tone and consistency that when applied on my under eye dark circles makes them almost disappear. It does not settle into fine lines or creases and also does not get greasy or shiny throughout the day which is my biggest issue with under eye concealers.
Once it is set with a setting powder, it literally becomes budge proof. It stays looking fresh till the end of the day which is about 7-8 hours for me. Yet it has never felt drying on my skin. It does not cling to my dry patches and does not accentuate them. It smooths, evens and corrects all of your flaws in one step for a complete flawless complexion.
Overall, the most perfect piece of makeup I have used till date. I will 110% recommend this. If you want something to splurge on, this should be it because it’s worth every single penny and you will not regret getting this.
Pros of Clé de Peau Beauté Concealer:
- Luxurious packaging.
- Smooth, creamy consistency.
- Very easy to blend into skin.
- Semi matte, natural-looking finish.
- Blends and almost disappears into skin, becomes undetectable.
- Smooths and evens skin tone without looking unnatural.
- Does not accentuate pores or dryness.
- Can work as a corrector for the under eye dark circles.
- Makes my dark circles disappear with its full coverage.
- Does not cake or crease.
- Feels hydrating yet does not get greasy or oily throughout the day.
- Very good staying power is budge proof once set.
Cons of Clé de Peau Beauté Concealer:
- Expensive, but worth every single penny.
Colorbar Stick Concealer
MAC Studio Finish Concealer
5 Best Concealers Available in India
Revlon Photo Ready Powder, Concealer, Foundation, Compact Makeup
MAC Pro Longwear Concealer
Conceal Rx™ Physicians Strength Concealer
NYX Concealer in a Jar – Orange and Yellow