DIY Fresh orange peel, turmeric and milk face pack for Oily skin
Hello lovely ladies,
Recently I made a face pack using fresh orange peel and I quite liked it. I am not much into DIY face packs as I get really lazy with the entire make and use routine but since past few weeks I have planned to use natural ingredients in my skin care regime. Now that the summers are approaching, I have to find ways and means to tackle the skin problems that I see coming my way, as my skin acts a little fussy after enjoying the goody good winters.
So this face pack enters in my list of skin care regime.
Let me show you how I made this pack….
1. Salt water – to wash the orange peel
2. Fresh Orange peel (about 1 medium sized orange)
3. Milk – 10 teaspoons (you can add more/less depending on the amount of orange peel taken and consistency of the pack)
4. Turmeric – ½ teaspoon
1. Boil water and add salt to it.
2. Remove from heat and add the fresh orange peels to it. This will clean the orange peels and make them ready to use for the face pack.
3. Now grind the fresh orange peel, turmeric and milk in a grinder to make a paste. Add more milk if you feel the paste is too thick or dry.
4. Transfer this paste to an air tight container if you wish to use it for longer period.
How to use this face pack:
1. Take the desired quantity in a bowl or dish.
2. Take some paste and apply it on the face and massage in a circular motion covering your forehead, cheeks and chin. Use upward strokes for your nose and neck. (As this paste is not extremely fine the orange peel particles act as scrub and exfoliate your skin).
3. Then wash it off with luke-warm water and pat your face dry.
4. Now reapply this pack evenly, covering entire face.
5. Keep it on your face for 45 minutes or till it is dry.
6. Wash it off with plain water (normal temperature).
7. Pat your face dry and apply a moisturiser.
My experience with this pack:
This is a good face pack. The fresh orange peel smells pleasant and refreshes my mood. The orange peel particles in the pack exfoliate the skin well. It makes my skin firm and adds glow. It also removes tan gradually if used on a regular basis.
I normally store this pack in an airtight container and use it within 48 hours as it has fresh orange peel, milk and no preservatives.
You will have to stand in front of the wash basin while applying this pack as it gets crumbly and keeps falling off. Although the application could get a little messy but it is worth it as the results are quite good and all the ingredients are natural
Since all the ingredients are readily available this pack is easy to make and gives good results. So ladies do give it a try and let me know how you find it.
Thank you all for reading. I hope you all will like this pack and find it useful like I do. 🙂
Image Source 1