By Soni M.
While doing so many lipstick reviews, I realized how bad my lips have become and I decided to take some good care of them from now onward. I am already working on increasing my water intake and have achieved some success too! Today, I will be sharing with you how to do lip facial with natural ingredients. So, let’s get started with the lip facial:
1. Remove any makeup from lips using wet wipes or tissue.
2. Now, grab a face towel and dip a corner of it in warm water. Using the wet area and with it, dab the towel on the lips. This will soften the dead cells.
3. Next comes exfoliation of the lips: You must have already read many time about easy DIY lip scrubs, so have I, bu I hardly made and used them more than twice even though it hardly takes any time. So, let’s make a quick lip scrub and start our lip care without feeling any lazier. I love this coffee scrub, it feels aromatic!! You can make a simple sugar scrub too!!
Things you would need:
- 1 tsp ground coffee.
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil.
- A small bowl or container with spoon or q-tip for mixing.
- Mix olive oil and coffee well together in a container using q-tip, toothpick or your finger.
- Now apply the scrub all over lips.
- Start massaging lips very gently in circular motion, continue it for 2 minutes.
- Wipe off the scrub using tissue paper or cotton pad.
- Next we move to lip mask. Yes, we concentrate only on face care, our lips need some part of care too!!
Things you would need:
- 1 tsp Honey.
- ½ tsp lime juice.
- 1 tsp carrot paste (I simply made a fine paste of carrot).
- A container and spoon for mixing.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a container using a q-tip. Make sure the mask is smooth and well mixed. After mixing all ingredients, I realized that the carrot is not smooth enough for forming a nice layer on the lips. I felt it will be messy to apply, therefore I squeezed out the liquid portion from the paste and used it instead.
- Apply a generous layer of the mask over lips. Leave it for 10 minutes. (Statutory Warning: you may be tempted to eat up the mask: D).
- After 10 minutes, apply a second coat of the mask, this time, gently massage the mixture on lips in circular motion. Continue the massage for 2-3 minutes. Apply another layer and let it sit there for 20 more minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove the mask using wet cotton pads or tissue.
- You will instantly feel soft and supple lips.
- Follow with your favourite lip balm and keep your lips hydrated. You may also apply olive oil or ghee or coconut oil.
You may not see very great difference in just single day, but my lips definitely felt so soft and kissable ;). Hope you enjoyed reading and would try to take more care of your lips too! Keep smiling.
How To Exfoliate Lips
How To Get Supple and Soft Lips All Day Long
Lip Scrub For Soft Lips: Do It Yourself
Best Lip Conditioners For Soft Lips
How To Make Lips Pink Naturally
DIY Homemade Makeup Remover with Cucumber and Coconut Oil
5 Homemade Aloe Vera Face Packs