Today while doing my most favourite work, i.e., checking all the posts on IMBB, I came across interesting post – ‘11 Mind-Blowing Beauty Products You Didn’t Know You Needed‘. The title of the post was enough for me to read the entire post. Though I liked the entire post, the thing which caught my attention was point number 4 – scalp exfoliator. This gave me an idea to share my scalp exfoliator recipe with all the readers of IMBB.
• 2 tablespoon brown sugar
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel
• ½ tablespoon castor oil
• 2 Vitamin E capsules
1. Add honey, castor oil and aloe vera gel in an empty bowl.
2. Puncture two Vitamin E capsules and add the serum to the same bowl.
3. Mix all the ingredients well and make a smooth paste.
4. Add brown sugar in the same bowl and mix well.
5. Gently massage this exfoliator on the scalp for 5-10 minutes.
6. Wash your hair after 2-3 hours.
Benefits of The Ingredients Used:
• Brown Sugar: It works as a great exfoliator. It helps in removing the dead skin and build up from the scalp and makes it healthy. It also prevents scalp infections.
• Aloe vera Gel: Aloe vera gel helps in treating the problem of hair loss. It is beneficial for people who are facing the problem of itchy scalp and dandruff. It gives strength to the hair and makes it strong and healthy.
• Honey: Honey is a magic potion; you can add it to almost everything and see amazing after- effects. It helps in controlling the frizziness of hair and makes it more manageable. It works as a good conditioner for hair.
• Castor Oil: Castor oil helps in promoting the growth of hair. It is also beneficial in treating some scalp-related problems.
• Vitamin E Oil: Vitamin E increases blood circulation in the scalp and promotes the growth of hair. Its usage helps in controlling premature greying of the hair too. It deeply nourishes the hair and makes it soft, shiny and healthy.
Few Points to Remember:
1. Do not rub your hair too much otherwise harsh sugar granules can damage your roots.
2. You can replace brown sugar with normal sugar as well.
3. Don’t use this exfoliator more than once a week, otherwise you’ll end up damaging the scalp.
4. Apply the exfoliator on damp hair.
I came to know about this concept of exfoliating the scalp through some random newspaper. I found it interesting and started searching more about it. After researching, trying different recipes, spoiling the kitchen numerous times, I finally invented this scalp exfoliator. It contains the effective ingredients that are beneficial for our hair as well as for our scalp. It has been around six months that I am using this exfoliator and it has helped me a lot in many ways.
It has solved the issue of dandruff, and I have started noticing less hair fall. My hair has become much more manageable. Now my hair looks healthy, soft, shiny and frizz-free. Overall it has given me so many reasons to touch and retouch and keep on touching my hair again and again.
So if you are fed up with your frizzy, oily, dull and dry hair, utilize some spare time this weekend in pampering your scalp and make the world jealous with your transformed hair. Do give it a try and don’t forget to share how you felt after using it.
8 thoughts on “DIY Scalp Exfoliator for Long, Healthy Hair and Flake-Free Scalp”
Can’t wait to try this Chandni since I have all the ingredients with me at the moment. But, what should be the frequency of using it? Once a week, fortnight? 🙂
You can use this scrub once in 15 days. Excessive usage may harm the roots of the hair.
Hey this is a very nice DIY! I will surely try it as I face dandruff and flakiness issues.
Do we wash the hair with shampoo or only water? I’m unsure about that as I have never tried any DIY hair recipes!
You need to wash your hair with shampoo.
Nice recipe for dandruff treatment 🙂
Thanks.. 🙂 🙂
Bookmarking this page honey.
Just a little query, does it require shampooing more than twice(at once) to remove every bit of the exfoliator?
No, It comes out easily in two times.