Quick, Subtle and Colourful Eyes for Office Wear
For a long time the office makeup has always comprised of subtle neautral shadows, kajal’liquid liner and a MLBB matte lipstick for many working women. But nowadays, the line between dull office makeup and colourful casual makeup has been blurred (smudged more like… ;))
Many women are braving colours for office wear eye makeup. The office eye makeup look I am showing you all today is planned on the same lines. According to me, the look you wear in a stuffy office setting should be:
1. Easy to do
3. Long staying
4. Subtly vibrant.. 😛
5. Definitely not drab.
The things required for this office look are very few. You just need: 1. Base makeup- Depends on your skin, age and camouflage needs.
I am using
- Maybelline Whitestay UV Base and Maybelline Whitestay Compact powder.
- Coloured eye pencil- You can use ANY colour you want for office makeup. It could be black, brown, blue, green, Purple, yellow, pink… ANYTHING!!! I am using a Turquoise Eye pencil from Chambor called “Guacamole”.
- A golden Eye pencil- I am using Colorbar I-define “Desert Glow” pencil.
- A liquid/Gel liner- Preferably black, to define your eyes and offset the colours. I am using Maybelline Gel Liner.
- Kajal- For your waterline.
- Mascara- I am using Maybelline Colossal Volume Mascara. Here are the products I have used:
Let’s start with our eye makeup look:
• Start the look by priming your lids. I have not used any primer here.
• Now with the coloured eye pencil, draw a thick line along your upper lash line and into the crease.
• Then, with the golden eye pencil, fill in the gap. You don’t have to be very precise for both the steps.
• Now, blend both the liners together with your ring finger. So that the gold is concentrated at the lid and the coloured liner surrounds the lid. It should be intense in the outer corner. Something like this:
• Now, take the coloured liner and apply it on the outer 2/3 rd part of the lower lash line, And apply the gold liner in the inner corner of the eye,
• This, should look like this:
• Dip a fluffy blending brush (I am using Coastal Scents Angled Fluffy Brush) in loose/compact powder and apply it as highlighter on the brow bone.
• This will even out the area beneath your eyebrow, and won’t look very bright. I don’t like to use highlighters at day time. So I use this compact powder trick instead.
• With the same brush, blend the lid colours as well a little above the crease.
• Apply liquid/gel liner on the upper lash line. Keep the line thin and wing it out a little.
• Curl your lashes and apply mascara.
• And, you are done!!! You can use any colour and match it with your outfit. As we are not using any powder shadows, this look stays on at least for 6-7 hours.
• Here’s the finished look:
• One more:
• You can finish the look with a subtle, natural blush and nudish-pink lipstick.
• Here’s the full face pic:
Hope you like the tutorial and find it useful.
Lots of love