Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Liner-Review
I am a eye-makeup fanatic. I have eye pencils, liquid liners, pen liners, Felt tip liners, kajal from every brand and I still long for more. After Rati’s Inglot Gel liner review, I was dying to get my hands on a gel liner. To my delight, I found Maybelline Lasting Drama gel liner soon after.
This one is a part of Maybelline’s Eye Studio Collection and is the only product available in India from this range.
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
I got it for Rs. 375/ (Indian Rupees)-.
Why You’ll Love It (From Maybelline website)
- Only our oil-free formula can hold highly concentrated pigments in a clear gel base.
- So color is more intense and lines resist wear for 24 hours.
- Smudge-proof and Water-proof.
- The most intense line for lasting drama.
Directions to use:
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
- DEFINED LOOK – Define– in small strokes, glide liner across lash line from inner to outer corner
- DRAMATIC LOOK – Define– in small strokes, glide liner across lash line from inner to outer corner
- Enhance – extend and thicken line from outer corner up towards brow; wing out for extra drama
- Removes easily with soap and water or with Maybelline New York Expert Eyes Eye Makeup Remover Towelettes.
My Review on Maybelline Gel Eye Liner:
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
Packaging: The pack includes a tiny tub of the gel liner and a specially designed brush. The carton itself is attractive but no use once you open it.
The brush is sleek black and not very long. The bristles are soft and debnsely packed. They are tapered and lie flat. This gives better control and precise lining. You could go as thin and as thick as you want. The brush comes with a plastic lid so it is easy to store anywhere.
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
The tub is tiiiinnnyyy… It contains 2.8 g of product. The tub is good but the lid is very cheap aluminum foil thin.
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India
- The long wearing creamy gel texture provides the desired intense lines with a smooth, even application. (Pack info)
- The gel is really creamy. Glides on real smooth.
- The texture is creamier than a gel.
- The colour is intense at first. But dries a little lighter. I have used much more intense blacks.
- The finish is matte. That’s perhaps the reason the colour is not too intense.
SOLUTIONS FOR ACNE: 5 Remedies to Treat Acne at Home | Top 10 Creams for Fading Acne Scars | 10 Home Remedies to Treat Scalp Acne | 8 Home Remedies to Reduce Acne Scars | 10 Tea Tree Oil Products for Acne-Prone and Sensitive Skin | Home Remedies to Treat Hormonal Acne
- The liner dries lightning fast. Very difficult to smudge. Check out the swatch. But I tried applying it very lightly with my finger and it made the most subtle and soft, smokey look.
- It was better than any eye pencil or shadow. If you apply it like a shadow, it gives an intense and matte powder finish.
- The brush is super fine. I could draw a very thin line and went very thick too. It’s also good for creating wings and bolder shapes.
HAIR: 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Regrow Hair on Bald Spots | 6 Hair Growth Secrets from Around the World | 7 Best Hair Oils For Faster Hair Growth | How to Make Rough Hair Silky | 30 Killer Hair Care Tips
- The gel does not irritate the eyes at all. Though it is strictly not for the waterline.
- The colour would work well for the fair skinned girls too as it is not a very intense black.
- I would have loved to get this in other shades. It is available outside India in four shades- Black, Brown, Grey and plum.
- It claims 24-hrs stay. I wore it all day from 10 to 5. It was intact on my eyes. Did not fade, smudge or feather.
- It is absolutely smudge-proof and Water-proof. I sprayed Rose water on my face at least 4-5 times throughout the day but it stayed put.
- My only problem with lakme Eye Artist or any pen tip liner is that they tend to pull the delicate skin of the eyelids. This glides like velvet.
- If you like your liner to look natural and matte, this one is for you.
- If you treat eyeliner as a tool to create bold shapes and wings, this one is definitely for you.
- My only problem with this is I like a glossy finish. But I am getting used to the natural look it gives.
- Removes easily with cleansing milk. I do not like to wash off eyeliners. I don’t feel like they have come off completely.
- It is really value for money considering Inglot which costs double. Never used Inglot so cannot comment actually.
I don’t want to but can’t resist comparing this with Lakmé Eye Artist.
- Lakme Eye Artist is good if you are new to eyeliners. It is definitely easier to use.
- Maybelline Gel Eye Liner is great in terms of smooth and even application. I cannot describe how smoooothly it glides on the lid.
- The brush is excellent quality.
- Both are difficult to smudge. But this can be applied (very lightly) as cream shadow.
- Both are equally priced.
- I cannot prefer one over the other. As Lakme Eye Artist gives me glossy finish while MGL is more natural, matte.
- Maybelline Gel Eye Liner will definitely last me longer than Lakme Eye Artist. I used up Lakme Eye Artist within 3 months. I use it daily.
- But a very little of Maybelline Gel Eye Liner goes a very long way. I am using this daily now. 🙂
- I love both the products equally.
Rating: :-* :-* :-* :-*
Repurchase??? I don’t know. Maybe by the time I finish this something better will come along. If not, then I’ll be happy to continue with this.
I really wish Maybelline launches the Colour plush Eyeshadow which is also part of their Eye Studio Collection.