Eyetex Dazzler & Health & Glow Nail Polish remover
I have used almost 3-4 bottles of Eyetex Nail Polish remover & decided to switch to another one & got the Health & Glow Nail Polish Remover & here’s my take on both the nail polish removers.
Eyetex Dazzler Nail Polish Remover:
This is manufactured by Aravind Laboratories from Chennai.
Key Ingredients: Ethyl Acetate, Isopropanol, Camphor
Price: Rs.40 INR for 27ml
Directions to use: Soak cotton with the nail polish remover & gently apply over the nail & rub it. Repeat the procedure once more if required.
My Experience: After using Lakme, Colorbar nail polish removers, this is the third brand that I tried. The nail polish comes in a sturdy glass bottle & has a plastic stopper; we need to pierce it to make a hole to get the remover on the cotton wool. This easily takes off all traces of nail polish with just 2-3 swipes.
Pros of the Eyetex Nail Polish Remover
• Gently removes the nail polish with 2-3 swipes.
• Comes in a sturdy glass bottle.
• Has the Ingredients mentioned on the bottle.
• Doesn’t dry out the nails or the skin around it.
• Doesn’t have a very strong smell.
• Affordable at Rs.40 INR
Cons of the Eyetex Nail Polish Remover
• The bottle doesn’t come with a hole to control the flow of the remover; you need to pierce it.
Health & Glow Nail Polish Remover
This is marketed by Health & Glow Retailing Pvt.Ltd (Bangalore) & manufactured by Fiabila India Ltd.
Ingredients: No Ingredients list
Price: Rs.39 INR for 30ml
Directions to use: Dab in to cotton wool to wipe off nail enamel thoroughly yet gently.
My Experience: After using 3-4 bottles of the Eyetex Nail Polish remover, I wanted to try something else, so when I saw the small cute bottle of Health & Glow Nail Polish remover at the H&G store, I picked it up. The remover comes in a sturdy small bottle with a hole on the plastic stopper, I had to dab the cotton wool 4-5 times to remove the nail enamel, it needs a lot of effort to take off the nail polish using the Health & Glow Nail Polish remover & also make the nails dry. I don’t like this at all; it strips away the moisture from the skin around the nails & makes it look dull.
Pros of the Health & Glow Nail Polish Remover
• Comes in a small travel friendly bottle.
• Has a plastic stopper with a hole to control the flow of the remover.
• Affordable at Rs.39 INR.
Cons of the Health & Glow Nail Polish Remover
• Dries out the nails & skin around it.
• The strong smell irritates my nose.
• Gives a burning sensation around the cuticle.
• Gets finished pretty fast. Need a lot of the remover because one swipe wouldn’t be enough.
• No Ingredients list.
• Availability is an issue because as far as I know Health & Glow Stores aren’t available in North & West India.
When I compare the Eyetex Dazzler & Health & Glow Nail Polish removers, I prefer the Eyetex Nail Polish remover over the Health & Glow remover. But of the four brands ( Lakme, Colorbar,Eyetex, Health & Glow) I used, I’ll vote them in the same order, so my all time favourite is Lakme.