There is hardly a woman who does not dread a bad hair day. No matter how much makeup you put on and how beautiful a dress you wear, if your hair is not tamed, your confidence goes in for a toss and the style quotient tends to get low! Wondering how to manage a bad hair day? Keep reading to get the best tips.
Why are you having a Bad Hair Day?
1. Humidity can make your hair frizzy, limp, and also kill the bounce – adding it all up to give you a bad hair day.
2. You are using a harsh shampoo, time to switch to a gentle shampoo with less of SLES and SLS content.
3. You are not following up the shampoo with a good conditioner. Conditioning helps in taming down dry hair and also adds moisture and hydration to the tresses.
4. You haven’t had a trim in a while – Trimming gets rid of split ends and frayed edges, so get rid of them to have a good hair day.
5. The hair follicle needs proper nutrition to grow out healthy and strong hair. A diet that lacks protein, iron, and other essential nutrients will make hair brittle and fragile. Eat healthy and nutrient-rich food for healthy hair.
How to manage a bad hair day – Tips and Ideas:
• Accessorize, accessorize and accessorize- If your accessories cannot take care of you in times of crisis, what good are accessories for! By hair accessories I do not just restrict myself to those pretty clips, pretty hats, funky scarves and cute headbands. Did you know that even turbans and mesh toupees look very trendy and help you to perk up your style quotient on those terrible days? Get your collection of hair accessories so that you can use them to your own advantage. For instance, if your hair looks limp, cover it up with a hat, turban or scarf of your choice. If your unmanageable and frizzy locks render you helpless, hunt them down with clips and headbands. Be creative and trust me, you will find crazy ways to make your hair look manageable on bad hair days!
• Your hair might need a dresser- Of course, you hair too might be sensitive to the fact that you get yourself dressed so well and not those pretty strands on your head. So, stop your hair from going into revolt and get it done at a reputed hair-dresser in the town. This option is for you if you have the time, money and willingness to go for a professional hair treatment. Your hair dresser might blow dry your hair, apply some good serum or just give you a conditioning treatment so that your bad hair day is fixed.
• Look stylish in a messy bun- What else can be better if you could put your disadvantage into your advantage? Messy buns look so stylish and take care of unmanageable hair in the best way possible. Sport a messy bun and be the centre of attraction even on your bad hair day!
• Try that dry shampoo- Perhaps your hair needs a dry shampoo treat. Do not hesitate to grab a bit of dry shampoo to fluff up your limp and greasy hair, even though you don’t have time to go for an elaborate hair shower session. The special ingredients in a dry shampoo come to your rescue by absorbing grease and offering a clean look.
• Styling gels and hair waxes work wonders- If you have dry unmanageable hair, you might like to try your hand at hair waxes and hair styling gels. They render a neat look and you can easily ensure that these wonder products, so readily available in the market, can help you combat those frizzy strands on a bad hair day.
• Conquer the day with a smile- Never let your spirits down even if your hair lets you down one day. Just remember that you are much more than what your hairstyle projects you to be. Now, sport a confident smile and gear up to conquer the world. Bad hair days aren’t forever. If today is a bad hair day, tomorrow will surely be different. So, be yourself and laugh it out, loud.
With these little tips and ideas, I hope it will be easier for you to manage bad hair days in a better way. Life is always a cycle of good and bad things alternating. The same applies for hair as well. If it is bad today, it will be good tomorrow! Just be happy and combat bad hair days with creative ideas.