It is a bane a lot amongst us have to bear every day, the issue of overweight. And although most of us plan to move mountains to lose a few of those stubborn kilos, very few amongst live up to the tasks that we naively set up for ourselves. Now, it is perhaps the most common knowledge around that there are certain specific food items that are not only notoriously detrimental to our health but also as they taste too damn good, we wilfully ignore the obvious fact that stares at our face, that they are capable of bringing down our rate of metabolism to a snail’s pace, thereby making it difficult to lose weight even when we go on crash diets and workout hard in the gym. So, today we shall spare a few words to enlist a bunch of food items that have been proven to retard our metabolic rates. So, without any further ado, let us get started on the list.
1. Refined Grains: Refined grain, which is used ubiquitously in the manufacture of bread, pasta, cakes, and pizza is quite bad for our metabolism and as such should be avoided as much as possible since they spike insulin quickly and aids in creating new fat cells.
2. Alcohol: Alcohol is known to slow down the rate of metabolism quite significantly and consumption of the beverage in excess is guaranteed to mess up with our metabolic rates quite badly. So, we must watch out to ensure that our occasional indulgence does not go out of hand and make it extra difficult to lose weight than it already is.
3. Fruits and vegetables sprayed with pesticides: Most of the agricultural produce that we get to see in the market is largely contaminated with pesticides and miscellaneous insecticides that have shown to lower our metabolic rates considerably. So we should practice buying naturally grown produce.
4. Traditional (sweet Bengali) yogurt: Traditional yogurt is awfully fattening and instead of helping us lose weight, it adds extra pounds. It not only is fattening but also is responsible in lowering the metabolic rate.
5. Artificial Fruit Juices: Artificial fruit juices are the worst when it comes to lowering your metabolic rates. They contain too many artificial sweeteners, artificial colours and added chemical preservatives that are responsible for lowering your rates of metabolism but also adding to your obesity.
6. Soda/Soft Drinks: Soda and soft drinks are the worst that can happen to your metabolic rate, so avoid drinking soft drinks and soda.
7. Refrigerated/Frozen Food Items: Although in comparison to all the food items listed above frozen food contain lesser amount of calories however they contain such compounds as sugar, sodium and hydrogenated trans-fat that slow down our metabolic rates ever so considerably.
8. Regularized Sea Salt: Instead of iodized salt, the regular variety do not contain iodine that help with your thyroid secretions which in turn improves your metabolic rate. Hence consuming it would be a bad idea.
9. Candy bars: Candy bars containing chocolate and lots of sugar and artificial preservatives are quite detrimental to our healthy diet, not to mention are leading causes in lowering your rate of metabolism. So they should not be eaten.
10. Junk food: Junk food such as fried street and excessively oily food items not only add to your pesky pounds but act to inhibit your normal rate of metabolism, which in turn fattens you more and makes it difficult for you to lose weight.
So, today we discussed what are the different food items that are bad for your metabolism that can reduce all your efforts to lose weight utter futility. We hope that you found the article instructive and useful. Well, dear reader, kindly share your thoughts about this article in the comments section below. Stay healthy and pretty!!!