WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
It is kind of a “no-brainer” that one gets to burn more fat and far more weight with increased metabolism and as such it is quite obvious that if we could find some means to boost our overall rate of metabolism, we could accelerate the process of losing those extra pounds and reach our goal weight sooner. And guess what, there are scientifically proven ways and means, we can actually accelerate the fat-burning process. So without any further ado, let us check out 12 ways to boost metabolism to burn fat.
1. Adhering to a strict workout regime: Regular exercise can work wonders for your health. Commitment to an exercise routine is sure to boost your metabolism a lot that would in turn guarantee that you get to lose those pesky pounds. A word of advice, it is best to mix up your exercise regime with a balanced amount of interval and non-interval exercises in order to further boost your metabolism. Cycling or running are intense non-interval exercises; that should be balanced out with brisk walking followed by slow walking to ensure increase in your metabolism and accelerate fat burning.
2. Sufficient amount of sleep: Insufficient amount of sleep harms the metabolism, slowing it down considerably which, in consequence, reduces our rate of burning fat. So, ensure that you get sufficient amount of sleep, at least 8 hours of sleep, to keep your metabolism at an optimum level.
3. Reduce stress in life: One must ensure that one takes steps to reduce stress in one’s life if one is to lead a healthy life. Stress has been shown to be the leading cause of a number of lifestyle diseases, including hypertension, increased blood glucose levels, insomnia, cholesterol and a number of cardiovascular diseases, to mention just a few. And it wreaks havoc on one’s digestion and metabolism, thereby significantly slowing down the weight loss process.
4. Develop the habit of drinking green tea: Drinking tea not only increases your metabolism, thereby increasing the rate of burning fat, but it also de-stresses you, which is an added bonus. As a matter of fact, studies have proven that drinking tea assists in increasing the rate of metabolism and decrease fat level. Additionally, it boosts your immunity and reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease.
5. Do not skip breakfasts: It is a really bad idea to skip meals, especially the most important meal of the day – your breakfast. Experts advise that you should start your day with a balanced breakfast that would only increase your overall metabolic rate, improve digestion and assist in weight loss and help you stay slim. A balanced breakfast boosts your energy levels and improves your digestive system that accelerate metabolism and fat burning.
6. Practice eating spicy food: This might come a bit surprising, however, it is scientifically proven fact that if you can spice up your daily menu, you get to to boost your metabolism significantly and also keep a lot of lifestyle diseases at bay. Chilli sauce, cayenne pepper, hot mustard and salsa help in doubling your metabolic rates and helps you maintain the slim waistline that you love so much.
7. Keep yourself hydrated: It is advisable to develop the practice of drinking sufficient amounts of water and keeping yourself hydrated because it helps to increase the metabolic rate and to lose unwanted weight. It also prevents you from overeating which is an additional bonus if you intend to keep that waistline thin and slim.
8. Incorporate fibre-rich food items into your meals: High-fiber diet is good for your health because food items such as vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and beans and other legumes, makes you feel full for long thereby keeping cravings for unhealthy foods at bay. They also help in checking the body’s hormone levels that prevents the gaining of belly fat in women.
9. Limit alcohol consumption: Alcohol inhibits metabolic rate and as such increases your chance of gaining unwanted weight. So, if you are serious about losing those pesky pounds, might we suggest that you check your intake of alcoholic beverages, especially the sugary ones?
10. Increase intake of proteins: Proteins are essential in keeping lean muscles and as such it is vital that you eat sufficient amounts of protein that will benefit you in keeping you strong and, similar to fibers, it shall give the feeling of being full and satiated thereby reducing your tendency to overeat at meals and consequently gain unwanted weight.
11. Increase intake of vitamin D: Vitamin D is vital in keeping your fat burning cells revving by preserving your metabolic muscle tissue. Unfortunately, studies have shown that we are pretty nonchalant in the area of ensuring the intake of proper amounts of vitamin D. It is thereby advisable that you consume food items such as tuna fish, eggs, shrimp, fortified milk and cereal to guarantee a balanced intake of Vitamin D.
12. Increase iron-rich food items: Burning of fat and metabolism in humans is an aerobic biochemical reaction, in other words, it requires the presence of O2(oxygen). Fe(iron) rich food items are excellent in restoring the oxygen levels in your tissues that are responsible for metabolism and fat burning. Now, if you do not replenish your stocks of iron in your body, especially after your monthly menstrual cycles, you run the risk of retarding your metabolism and overall low energy levels. So, eat plenty of iron-rich food items such as spinach, lean meat and beans to stay fit, energized and not to jeopardize your metabolic system.
So, dear readers, I hope you found our list of ways to stay thin and increase your metabolic rates insightful, useful and instructive. We look forward to your thoughts on the piece in the comments section below.
And as always, stay healthy and pretty.
For dedicated diet videos and to lose weight the healthy way – download the “Rati Beauty app” available on Google Playstore and App store.