Greetings to all IMBB beauties!!
For past several weeks I have written quite a few posts about body scrubs, body brushes, shimmer lotions and so on, all because summer is here and we all love to flaunt our lovely legs in short shorts and skirts but I believe in showcasing something only if it’s pleasing to look at otherwise I put an extra effort to enhance its beauty with extra care and then flaunt it with pride.
In this case that ‘something’ happens to be my legs and since I wear shorts most of the times I need to shower them with extra attention. I don’t get time for regular waxing sessions besides I don’t feel a drastic difference in my skin after waxing except that it delays hair growth by a few days hence shaving works just fine for me and for that purpose I use this very razor I am about to review.
The perfect match for sensitive skin, experience a closer shave and less irritation* with 5 curve-hugging blades and 8 times more glide boosters. Discover why Venus is the #1 razor brand used by dermatologists.
• Protective Ribbon of Moisture with 8 times more glide boosters and a touch of aloe for glide*
• 5-blades spaced closer together for a close shave and reduced pressure per blade**
• Dermatologist tested for sensitive skin
• Easy-to-change cartridge
Price: $10.97 and refill razor are for $16.97.
My Take on Gillette Venus Embrace Sensitive Razor:
I have been shaving my legs for nearly a decade now and with time I have perfected the art of shaving my legs and how to achieve smooth and shiny legs. I have used several razors in past and nasty razor burn scars have taught me to never be stingy and invest in a good razor even though it burns a hole in my pocket.
I have used cheaper version of Gillette razors in the past and decided to stick to this particular version since it gives a closer, long lasting shave.
Packaging: Razor comes in a plastic mold packaging which when once opened needs to be trashed. Also it comes with detachable razor blades but once out, one need to purchase a new set of razor blade refill. The razor blade however is inside a plastic case which can be reused for storage.
How I use it to get smooth legs:
I have shared two posts in the past as to how I exfoliate my legs with homemade scrub and a body brush. I use scrub once a week but I try to use body brush on legs almost daily which reduces the appearance of ingrown hair and cellulite over time. I use to use shaving foam in the past but now I like to use coconut oil as a shaving medium, one can use baby oil or any other oil which is not too dense as to clog the razor blades.
• Soak razor in hot water for few minutes and in the meantime, generously apply oil on legs and more liberally on thigh area since skin is extra sensitive in this region.
• Before shaving, dip razor in oil and then start to shave in smooth, long strokes and you would be surprised how easily the razor would glide on skin, also there would be no tugging or pulling and the thigh skin won’t burn or get covered with red bumps.
• After every few strokes hold the razor under running hot water to remove hair and dirt – yes, dirt!
• Once done gently wash your legs with lukewarm water and a gentle body wash with a loofah.
• After shaving, wash razor under running hot water and clean the blades with a brush – I use nail brush for this purpose and make sure to clean the back side of the razor since it would hold residual hair and dirt.
• Now clean the razor with towel till dry, apply a little oil on it and store it in the plastic case it comes in.
Efficiency: The above mentioned steps might seem like a lot but it does not take that long once one gets used to it. This razor and method works for me because:
• Oil makes my skin baby soft, makes the process pain free and gives me a closer shave.
• This razor has five blades which gives a closer shave.
• It has a flexible head which makes it easier to maneuver on knees, around ankles and other curvaceous areas.
• Oil also helps me get rid of dirt and grime.
• With the above method I get smooth legs which last for good three days unlike in the past wherein I would see tiny, hair pricks in less than 24 hours after shaving and I had to shave every other day.
Most of us fear that our hair growth would increase or new hair would be cacti like but I can vouch for this method and razor that no such nightmares would come true. When hair starts to grow they are just like the kind I get after waxing and also with time my hair growth has reduced and my legs stay hair free for a longer duration. But make sure to clean and dry it before storing it away of the rubber strip above and below or else the blades would get all sticky and nasty.
Pros of Gillette Venus Embrace Sensitive Razor:
• I like the packaging – pretty color and easy to store.
• It has five blades and rubber strips on both the edges which give a smoother shave.
• Rubber strip claims to contain Aloe Vera.
• Handle has smooth rubber grip.
• Easy to change blades.
• Lasts a good few weeks to a month I cleaned and stored properly.
Cons of Gillette Venus Embrace Sensitive Razor:
• Expensive and if I were in India I might not buy such expensive razor, it’s just a little easy on pocket in US.
Would I Recommend/Repurchase Gillette Venus Embrace Sensitive Razor?
Yes, I always do – every few months I purchase refill cartilage and one box lasts me six months. I totally recommend it to all the readers.
IMBB Rating: 5/5
Gillette Satin Care Dry Skin Shave Gel
Gillette Clear Gel Power Rush Deodorant with Fast Drying Technology
Venus and Mars Happy Pores Alcohol-Free Witch Hazel Toner
Colorbar Metallics Lipstick Like Venus
Schick Hydro Silk Razor Review
Konad Eyebrow Razor
Gillette Venus Razor