WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
This post is more about motivating myself. I have been feeling a bit lazy about my fitness of late so I thought I’d pen down all the things that have kept me going this past one year. Hope this helps some of you and most importantly, hope this helps me as well. 🙂
I have lost more than 10 kgs in past one year and have gone down many inches. I didn’t do anything fancy except the following things . So here you go! 🙂
1. Love your Body : I have gone through phases where I would just hold the flesh of my thighs or stomach and get depressed. Something you have to realize is that your body is the most precious thing you have. The more you take care of it, the longer you would be able to reap benefits out of it. My mother-in-law is around 65. She travels 10 months out of 12. And so that she could travel, she eats healthy, does yoga every single day and gets her physiothereapies on time. She loves herself , trust me. 😛 So love your body and it would love you back. Take care of it rather than abusing it.
2. Eat less outside : I hate cooking but I love eating… and especially eating outside. I mean the kinds that I can dine outside 7 days a week. I could become a restaurant reviewer for all you know. 😛 This was the biggest challenge I faced this past year. I had to control myself from eating out from 4-5 times a week (not counting the muffin and coffee rounds at the nearby market) to may be once or twice. I started eating the regular ghar ka khana and that started showing the most on my body. As they say ‘ moderation is the key’ and guess, it worked.
3. Ask someone to help you with the weight loss : I just asked Sanjeev to stop me whenever he sees me munching chips, or remind me not to eat muffins every second day or remind me to go for my walks. Trust me , it helps.
4. Stop listening to people : I personally feel everyone has their own goals about their weight loss. Someone wants to reach size zero and someone is happy to reach size 10 only. During your weight loss, especially when you are doing your portion controls or ‘trying’ to eat healthy , you would come across people who’d tell you things such as ‘ oh! now you have lost enough weight, stop now okay’ or ‘ are you going to eat only this much?’ even ‘ weight loss is making you look older’ . Just ignore such people, honestly. In such cases just smile and say ‘ this much food would be enough for me’ or give them some gyaan on how good your skin looks now because of your healthy lifestyle and they should take some tips from you 😛 . :))
5. Find out what work out works for you : You cannot lose weight without moving your butt. Trust me, you cannot. As I told you i was desperate initially so I wanted to lose weight asap. I thought running was the best thing to do so I started running. I injured my knee twice and has to spend time getting it fixed at a physiotherapist. I consulted someone and they told me that because of my weight , my knees were not able to take the pressure of running so I should walk and take things slowly. I just walked for many months and slowly started incorporating running in my routine. I mean rather than doing something desperate and getting yourself hurt is foolishness. So, find something what works for you- it could be dance, it could be brisk walking, running , kick boxing or whatever. Just figure out for yourself.
6. Don’t stop dressing up : I don’t know how men react to weight gain but women are really emotional. They’d start wearing huge clothes, stop dressing up, start buying clothes bigger than their actual size. Don’t do that. Wear your size. Dress up for yourself and for people who love you and want to see you happy. This was something that I never stopped doing. I love dressing up and you should too. It just keeps you happy and keeps the world around you a better place. 🙂
7. Don’t Starve : You have to nourish you body. I mean you would only be inviting wrinkles, acne, stretch marks and lots of deficiencies if you go for crash diets. Make smart choices – nuts instead of chips, a milk based sweet instead of milk chocolates, whole wheat instead of maida. I am not too qualified to say much on that but guess go back to your basics. I call up my mom and ask about the recipes for the things she used to cook for me. It’s basically common sense. 🙂
8 : On day to day basis measure how many inches you have lost than how much weight you have lost. I am telling you, this is super motivating. Inches go faster than your weight. That inches loss keeps you going. 😀
9. Don’t give up : Weight loss not only is a huge confidence booster, it is very very healthy. You feel good and lighter. On the day when you don’t want to follow your diet or work out, just out to the park, take a walk for 15-20 minutes. That would keep you going. That little walk would keep you sorted both physically and mentally. 🙂
10. Read tons of articles on weight loss on IMBB HERE. Very helpful. 😉
Now, I feel good!! :))
I would also like to thank all IMBBians for writing sweet comments on every single post I ever did. It really helped. Really!! :))
Good Luck with your weight loss , girls! 🙂
One celeb who’s inspired us by going from fat to fit is Parineeti Chopra. She is the perfect example of making a lifestyle change and gradually losing weight to get a fit and toned body. By following the tips mentioned above, anyone can easily achieve their weight loss goals. Just follow a few golden rules and get ready to transform your body!