We all know how castor oil promotes hair growth and helps you get thicker and full eyelashes and eyebrows. But did you know we can use castor oil can reduce the appearance of dark circles. Lack of sleep, unhealthy diet, exposure to harmful rays of sun, hormonal changes, can cause constriction of blood vessels under the eyes leading to hyperpigmentation and obvious dark circles. Of course, we can blame genetics a little but environmental stressors are the biggest factors the cause dark circles. Now, coming back to the topic, a lot of people vouch for the fact that castor oil helps in reducing dark circles, but when applied the right way. In this post, we go into detail on how to use castor oil to clear dark circles.
How Castor Oil Clears Dark Circles:
Castor oil has 90% ricinoleic acid which is a fatty acid with anti-inflammatory properties that stimulates the production of healthy tissue. Also, the antioxidants in castor oil fight harmful free radicals preventing cell damage. It also moisturizes and keeps under-eye area smooth and supple. Did we also mention that castor oil boosts collagen production as well and has amazing healing properties. Also, it penetrates the skin better than other vegetable oils. Summing up, castor oil works in multiple ways to reduce the appearance of dark circles:
How To Use Castor Oil to Clear Dark Circles:
1. Apply with fingertips gently: Castor oil can be applied directly on the skin and do not cause any adverse effects. Take a few drops of castor oil and apply it in the under-eye area, massage using your ring finger. You can leave the oil overnight to get the most out of it.
2. Mix with Almond Oil: We all know how almond oil is rich in vitamin E and can help reduce dark circles when applied on its own. So, when combined with equal quantities of castor oil, it makes for a potent yet natural remedy to treat hyperpigmentation.
3. Castor oil and Milk: The lactic acid content in milk along with castor oil would help lighten the dark circles considerably. Take 1 tbsp of milk and half a tbsp of castor oil, mix well, and apply gently under the eyes. Rinse off after 30 minutes with lukewarm water.
4. Castor Oil and Rosehip Oil: As we all know, rosehip oil (Does Rosehip Oil Lighten Skin?) reduces hyperpigmentation and reduces dark spots, and using it with castor oil in equal quantities will work effectively to treat under-eye pigmentation.
5. Castor Oil with Jojoba Oil: Take equal quantities of castor and jojoba oils, mix well, apply gently on the affected area, and leave it overnight. This will leave the eye area smooth, soft, and moisturized.
6. Castor Oil and Jade Roller Massage: Jade roller helps to boost circulation, reduces puffiness, triggers lymphatic drainage, and along with castor oil has a brightening effect on the skin. Apply a few drops around the eye area and use a cool jade roller to massage it all in. Leave the oil overnight and within a few weeks, there would be considerable reduction in dark circles.
Do you have more tips on how to use castor oil to reduce the appearance of dark circles, if yes, please mention them down below in the comments.