Ask the women who have lost weight how they feel and they would almost say “amazing,” or any of its synonym as a response and that’s because weight loss makes us look and feel fantastic! Fitting into an old dress, feeling lighter and more energetic to face the world are obvious benefits associated with weight loss, but then, when the texture of hair and clarity of skin also improves, it adds to the whole “feeling amazing” factor. A great diet, like Rati Beauty, not only helps to shed extra pounds, there are a lot of unexpected benefits as well (read more about them here), and radiant skin and healthy hair are just a few of them. While a lot of women complain about hair fall with weight loss, it’s only because their diet is not balanced and lacks essential nutrients. Many women who look half their age rarely credit their youthfulness to expensive ointments or facial serums, instead they would talk about how healthy they have been eating! When you are trying to lose weight, it’s important to follow a diet program that does not cause depletion of vital nutrients that are required for synthesis of enzymes, to maintain the quality of skin and hair. Also, when there is a lack of nutrients, the body priortizes other bodily functions over the maintenance of skin and hair. So, here’s how weight loss can benefit hair and skin, factors that help improve the health of skin and hair.
1. While losing weight, we eat a protein-rich diet: Protein is great news for hair growth because our hair follicles are made of proteins essentially, so when the protein intake is high, it boosts hair growth as well.
2. Omega-3 Fatty Acids help not only with weight loss, they are needed for healthy skin, hair, and even nails. When we are on a healthy diet to lose weight, we might increase the intake of omega-3 fatty acids through food sources such as fish, chia seeds, almonds, walnuts, and flaxseeds. A surge in omega-3 fatty acid consumption will boost weight loss as well as add glow to the skin as well.
3. We are switching to whole grains instead of refined grains: Aren’t we cutting out on refined grains and switching to whole grains on our diet? Whole grains are rich in fiber and strengthen the gut and digestive system. A lot of skin issues such as acne, dry skin, rosace are often linked with poor digestion and when fiber-rich food get into the system instead of refined ones, skin clears up as a result.
4. Your Skin Would Glow and look Younger: Cutting down sugar will have an amazing reaction on your skin because insulin spikes caused by high refined sugar in the body causes inflammation of skin which leads to premature ageing, wrinkles, acne, and uneven skin tone. If you want to look 10 years younger, then the first thing you should do is eliminate sugar from your system. Sugar in the bloodstream leads to a process called “glycation,” in which sugar molecules damage the collagen and elastin (responsible for suppleness and firmness) in our skin. Cutting down glucose will eliminate insulin spikes which will eventually lower down inflammation of the skin and you can get your youthful glow back within two weeks. So, when you cut back on sugar, you can say bye bye to acne and wrinkles for as long as you want.
5. Through whole grains, vegetables, and fruits, we are getting a lot of antioxidants that cancel out the anti-ageing effect of free radicals. Antioxidants prevent premature ageing and hair loss, and weight gain as well.
6. One of the major things we eliminate on Rati Beauty weight loss diet, is the use of transfat. This kind of artificial fat not only prevents weight loss, it also makes skin prone to photo ageing. Cutting it out for losing weight, also means lowering the risk of UV rays injury and sun damage.
7. With regular exercise, we not only lose weight, we also improve blood circulation to the skin, getting that unmistakeable glow.
These are some of the ways weight loss can help you actually get great skin and hair. Do comment if you can think of any other ones 🙂