Lakme Absolute Matte Lipstick Peach Carnation Review & Swatches
Ensure a proper pout while you enhance the beauty of your lips, with Lakme Absolute Matte. Enriched with Vitamin E and wheat germ oil, this keeps the lips smooth, silky and soft. Now enjoy the special attention along with an attractive matte finish as the non-drying creamy formula keeps the lips hydrated.
375 INR for 3.5 ml.
My Views on Lakme Absolute Matte Lipstick Peach Carnation:
The glam launch and hype of this new Lakme Absolute range has taken me as well into the loop. So, the first product I bought from this range is the matte lipstick called Peach Carnation and I picked it up for the simple reason that I didn’t own a single peach lipstick before this, so I ordered it online at the above-mentioned price.
The shade is a letdown for me as my definition of peach is different from what I got. This is more of a brownish-pink shade and not a peach at least. The shade though suits me but still I expected it to be more pink than brown.
Swatch: Top- 3 swipes, Bottom- 1 swipe.
This shade is a simple on-the-go color that you can wear anytime. It may suit the Indian skin tone very well. For ladies with pigmented lips, dusky skin tone, this would just be their MLBB shade.
Texture is completely matte. I find it soft and creamy as it glides on my lips easily even without the need of a lip balm. Pigmentation is medium to buildable, gives an opaque color after 2-3 swipes. I did not find it too drying despite its matte texture and the winter season. There is no question of bleeding or feathering of this shade as its sets pretty quickly.
It stays on me for 4-4.5 hours on me with a meal in between. It easily survives light snacks and is not much transferrable.
It’s synonymous with the new Absolute Range launched by Lakme and consists of a dark grey metal encasing with a sleek, tall bullet inside. I have no problem with the packaging at all.
So overall, I am happy with the texture and quality of this new matte lipstick range by Lakme. Whatever I desire from a good matte lipstick, this shade delivers all except for the shade/color. I expected it to be just more pink than brown.
Good Points of Lakme Absolute Matte Lipstick Peach Carnation:
- Soft, creamy texture.
- An opaque matte shade.
- Medium and buildable pigmentation.
- No issues of the lipstick settling in fine lines.
- No bleeding or smearing problems with the shade.
- The shade Peach Carnation is a lovely brown-toned pink shade that would be quite flattering on most skin tones.
- Staying power of 4-4.5 hours easily with a full meal in between.
- Sleek and nice packaging.
- Lipstick is not over drying on my lips. I don’t find the need to apply a lip balm underneath.
- This lipstick is cheaper than most of the matte lipsticks from other brands.
- Does not transfer easily.
Not-So-Good Points of Lakme Absolute Matte Lipstick Peach Carnation:
- Shade is not a true peach.
- Staying power could have been better.
- People suffering from very dry and chapped lips would definitely need to apply a lip balm first.
Do I Recommend/Will I Repurchase Lakme Absolute Matte Lipstick Peach Carnation:
Maybe yes, if I find a shade too appealing to me and anyone who is looking for a nice day wear kind of a shade, then they can easily pick this up as this would compliment many skin tones with no trouble. I am doing the LOTD. Both snaps are taken without flash and in natural light.