The price tags on annual gym memberships, a jar of protein powder, kale and avocado would give the impression that losing weight is indeed an expensive affair. Not really! Hitting the gym is not really necessary to burn fat, you can exercise in the comfort of your home or grab a pair of shoes and go for a long walk to burn calories. Likewise, spending money on exotic food is not necessary, we have locally produced food that’s comparatively more nutrient dense and weight loss friendly. Most importantly, fat-burner pills, appetite-suppressant tablets, sauna belts, detox drinks rarely work. Now that we have underlined that losing weight is not an expensive project, we would like to draw your attention towards effective ways to lose excess weight while on a budget.
1. Start By Clearing out the kitchen: Instead of asking you to buy stuff, we are asking you to get rid of things that cause weight gain in the first place. Clear the kitchen and refrigerator of processed and junk food. Anything with transfat, high fructose corn syrup, monosodium glutamate – throw it out immediately. When you clear out the kitchen of unhealthy food, you no longer would reach out for such food to satisfy hunger and cravings. Stock the kitchen and pantry with healthy food instead.
2. Eating Healthy is Not About Picking Expensive Food off Supermarket Aisles: Acai berries, kale, seaweed are hailed as superfoods with amazing properties but they are not easily available and expensive too, but we should give equal importance to locally available foods because they tend to retain their nutritional value much better. If olive oil is expensive, coconut oil is a good option. Likewise, you can get a lot more nutrients from a bunch of spinach leaves than kale. Millets, whole grains, vegetables and fruits available locally are packed with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, etc., and they retain their nutrients better than exotic foods.
3. Indulge in Homemade Food, Eat out Less: Food from restaurants and eateries have a high amount of calories, large portion sizes, and use a lot of oil, salt, sugar to prepare them to appeal to the tastebuds of customers. Eating out too often will lead to weight gain. On the other hand, with homemade food, you have a better control over the cooking oil, ingredients, and can measure out the portion to maintain a calorie deficit to lose weight. Also, do remember to uninstall food delivery apps which make getting unhealthy food at your doorstep convenient.
4. Try These Ways To Boost Metabolism; If there is one way to lose weight at a faster pace, it’s by boosting one’s metabolism. With wrong dietary choices, sedentary lifestyle, increased stress, lack of sleep, metabolism tends to drop down considerably and the body loses its ability to burn extra calories at a steady rate. There are some simple ways to boost metabolism – be physically active for most part of the day, sleep for at least 7 hours each night, drink at least 8 glasses of water per day, eat nutrient-dense food, and walk in the sunshine and get some vitamin D. “25 Vegetarian Metabolism Boosting Foods For Weight Loss.”
5. Reduce Chronic Stress: Stress can increase your risk of lifestyle diseases such as hypertension, diabetes, heart disease, stroke, to name just a few. Chronic stress has both physical and mental repercussions. Stress also increases cravings, appetite, and an elevated cortisol level makes weight loss an uphill task. When you reduce stress, you would see positive changes in your life. Going for walks, practicing relaxation techniques, pursuing a hobby all would help to reduce stress.
Summing up, it’s a huge misconception that you would have to spend a lot of money on expensive food and gym membership to bring about body transformation. Just follow a good weight loss diet, like the Rati Beauty, and let the magic happen.
25 Vegetarian Metabolism Boosting Foods For Weight Loss
10 Tips to Get an Hourglass Figure