WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
LUSH Dark Angels Skin Cleanser Review
At the end of a very LONG day, I wandered into the Lush store. The sales girls were very sweet, they let me try out a few products, including the Shower Jelly ( Whoosh), Body Butter (You Snap the Whip) and even their Bath Ballistics ( absolutely delightful but wasted on me as I don’t own a bath tub). Then the unbelievable happened, the Sales Assistant offered to give me a few free samples. Never and I mean NEVER have I been offered free samples before. I have extremely oily skin so I asked her if she could give me something that maybe reduced the shine a wee bit. Along with the Dark Angels Skin Cleanser she gave me a mini tube of Enzymion Mattifying Moisturiser for oily skin. I walked home, a very Happy Camper. My McDreamy filled Friday night (it was the season premiere of Grey’s Anatomy) had just gotten a whole lot better.
Lush Dark Angels Skin Cleanser doesn’t look angelic at all. It is however very Dark. In fact a lot of people might be rather hesitant to put something Black on their skin, but as the old saying goes, don’t judge a cleanser by its color.
Directions for Use.
Take a little cleanser onto the palm of your hand.
Mix a little water to turn it into a paste. Apply on to your face, massage gently. Rinse off (preferably with cold water). Pat dry.
What Lush Dark Angles Skin Cleanser Claims
Dark and tough, this one doesn’t mess about. It’s a black, squidgy scrub made with charcoal to absorb oils and exfoliate your skin. Nutritious avocado oil softens, glycerine keeps the moisture in and black sugar scrubs away. Dark Angels is a hardcore cleanser with a little bit of surfactant mixed in to remove dirt and grease.
What Lush Dark Angles Skin Cleanser Does
Using this cleanser feels like an adventure by itself. There is something rewarding about watching the Black Gunk run off your face to reveal squeaky clean, super soft skin. The cleanser is not a scrub but it does exfoliate. I would have to say the Cleanser claims are spot on.
What Lush Dark Angles Skin Cleanser Doesn’t Do
- It doesn’t remove make up. Therefore you need to use this after make-up removal.
- After using it for a few days, it didn’t break me out (yay!)
- It doesn’t really smell nice, it has a very interesting smell, that is neither pleasant nor unpleasant.
- I don’t think this product would be very good for people with normal to dry skin. Lush does have another similar cleanser for these skin types called Angels on Bare Skin.
- Rhassoul Mud (Rhassoul is a natural mineral product that also has a foaming effect, grease remover property and acts as a natural shampoo in cleansing hair. Mixed with tepid water it makes a mud that can be applied as a poultice on ankles, calves, thighs, hips and belly.’ It has to be applied on moist skin with witch hazel water.’ It can also be used internally for upset stomachs and by pregnant women for gastric acidity.)
- Cold Pressed Avocado Oil (Persea gratissima)
- Powdered Charcoal
- Black Sugar
- Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate (an alternative surfactant to Sodium Laureth Sulfate)
- Linalool ( a colourless liquid with a soft sweet odour. It occurs naturally in many essential oils such as Tangerine, Spearmint, Rose, Neroli, Mandarin, Lemon, Lime, Lavender, Cypress, Grapefruit, Cinnamon, Chamomile, Palmarossa, Ho Wood and Ylang ylang.)
- Sandalwood Oil
- Rosewood oil
This is a great cleanser, seriously. The Black Sugar exfoliates gently, the charcoal absorbs excess oil, the glycerine and avocado oil stop your skin from having that just washed dry stretchy yucky feeling, Rosewood Oil is a great antiseptic/ anti-bacterial and Sandalwood oil is great for the skin. At the ends of a long day, this cleanser is strong enough to remove all traces of pollution sweat and dirt off your skin, leaving it clean and super soft.
A word of caution. This is a messy product. Not easy to carry around. Also it has a tendency to get stuck under the nails. So avoid this if you are one of those people who find products like this very annoying.
However I am not sure I would purchase the Product simply because of the Price Factor. It’s INR 700 for 100gms of Product. That would last a couple of months with almost daily use but as a student this is still out of my budget. But it really does say something when I say that apart from the price, there is no reason why I would not purchase this cleanser. It’s a boon for people with Oily skin and if you can afford it, its definitely worth a try.
Footnote: People who are allergic to Linalool, perfumes or any of the above mentioned products should not use the cleanser. People with sensitive skin should do a trial before purchasing.
Have you used Lush Dark Angels Skin Cleanser?