M.A.C Dazzleglass ‘Bare Necessity’ Review and Swatch
Hello all beautiful girls out there, hope you all doing good. How is the New Year treating you all?
I had a pretty good start this year. Specially lot of beauty shopping. :)) :yahoo:
Today I am going to review my favorite MAC gloss. Why it’s my favorite….you would know soon.
Product Name: M.A.C Dazzleglass “Bare Necessity”
Price: INR 1150/-
What does M.A.C have to say about their Dazzleglass?
Lipcolour that dazzles with light and shine to bring an exciting dimensional pop to your lips. Large particle pearls reflect and refract light to mimic the brilliance of quartz and opal crystal. Provides exceptional shine with a crystalline iridescence. Non-sticky, non-tacky, lightweight and moisturizing. Glides on. Wear alone, or layer over lipstick or Lipglass for dramatic effect. Features our signature M·A·C vanilla aroma.
My Take on the Product:
This gloss is the first I had picked from MAC lip gloss range. I wanted to play it subtle with my first MAC lippie so I got my eye on this one. It is a nude, shimmery barely pigmented but yet so glamorous kind-of gloss. As the name give it has become my necessity for the nude lips look. It gives just the right amount of shimmer for the pouty nude lips look…..not at all OTT look.
I agree with some of their claims as well as disagree with some. I would keep them at the end as pros and cons.
Here is the swatch of the Dazzleglass in flash light.
Please see the lovely mixture of pink, silver and purple shimmer particles. :yahoo:
I adore these shimmers a lot. Awesome for partwear na! :jiggy1: :jiggy1:
This is without flash picture. You can see how sheer the gloss is. Just hint of pink and lots of shimmer….completely works with the pouty, glam, nude lips as well as adds perfect shine over any lipstick colour. :inlove: :inlove:
Pros of MAC Dazzleglass Bare Necessity
- I will consider this as my HG lipgloss for partywear looks. I reach out for this everytime I think of nude lips with high shine.
- I must say that this lipgloss has the maximum staying power of all the lipglosses I have tried so far….it stays for more than 5-6 hours….even after meals I noticed there would no necessity for a touch up. This is a bliss for girls like me who have an habit of eating away their lipglosses 😛 😛 :((
- The shimmers are the highlight of the gloss and therefore I can’t miss describing them….the sparkles are very fine and do not give any grainy feeling on the lips….also they are mixture of three colors as I mentioned above.
- I do agree that they are light weight inspite of their viscous nature. They don’t feel heavy on your lips.
- The texture is non-tacky and glides on to give perfect coverage (in case of their other pigmented shades).
- It is moisturizing….does not dry out your lips. You can easily skip your lip balm if you applying a dazzleglass. :))
- Love their signature Vanilla fragrance. Yumm! :eat:
- There are 17 shades to choose from….darker shades are pigmented and lighter ones are sheer with high shine. (other shades I would recommend are Baby Sparks; Funtabulous; Money, Honey; Date Night)
Cons of MAC Dazzleglass Bare Necessity
- The brush applicator tip is what I dislike most about this gloss. Wish it had a doe-foot sponge applicator. But again on thinking hard I realized that these are more sticky and with lots of shimmer so it would be not convenient to use a sponge applicator. Smart!! :jaiho:
- It is viscous and a bit sticky. I would really avoid it on a date when my BF has to kiss me. Sticky lipgloss-A complete no-no by guys. 😛
- Its difficult to get those shimmer particles off your lips easily. But with a good lip make-up remover its not that can’t be taken care of.
- It is an expensive lipgloss compared to other brands. But M.A.C is after all M.A.C!! :cowboy:
Me wearing “Bare necessity” on a light pink lipstick
Have you tried MAC Dazzleglass Bare Necessity? Please rate in the box below
Also Read :
- MAC Dazzleglass Crème Review, Photos, Swatches
- MAC Digi Dazzleglass Collection Photos, Swatches – Digi Pop
- MAC Dazzleglass Creme Luscious Spark Review