This is my first ever MAC lipgloss and it was not purchased by me but was gifted to me by my Bf. Source
What is MAC Dazzleglass Creme: M∙A∙C cult favourite Dazzleglass with a creamier, smoother, but no less shiny or dazzling effect. For those who are drawn to the luxe of cream lips, but still want the dazzling allure of its inspiration, this is it. Ultra-luxurious, no sticky smack or drag, Aloe and Vitamin E enriched, keeps lips lightweight but strong-willed, for long-lustre, ultimate luminosity. Wear it alone for medium-sheer, dewy coverage…. For dazzle with absolute comfort, it’s better than brilliant. And the accompanying applicator brush is a dream. How much you get: 2.7g/0.09us oz now my packaging says this but the MAC site says it has 1.92g/ 0.06 us oz. product. I don’t know maybe since they charge us more for the products they give us a little bit more as well. Now I really didn’t understood this, I guess we will have to ask Rati about it..since she is our market and products updater.
Priced at: Rs 1040 (Indian Rupees)
Shades available: 9 shades (from MAC site)
- Soft Dazzle- Mid-tone peach pink with gold pearl
- Sublime Shine- Light coral brown with gold pearl
- My Favourite Pink- Light blue pink with pearl
- Perfectly Unordinary- Bright yellow pink with gold pearl
- Luscious Spark- Light orange with gold pearl
- Do It Up- Bright blue pink with pearl
- Totally Fab- Bright yellow red with pearl
- Amorous- Deep brown red with pearl
- Crème Allure- Bright yellow plum
The one I have with me is Luscious Spark. The reason my Bf gave me for buying this Bright Orangish shade was, that he had seen me in every possible pink color on this earth and so he wanted to see me in something else (This has given me devilish ideas, as to how to extract new makeup from him, next what I’m doing is wearing just blue eyeliner for a month…hahaha). Also the MUA at the store told him this won’t go on the lips as a ghastly orange but a subtle coral orangish shade. Had I gone to buy this I would have opted for My favourite pink. So, I guess it was good that he went since I got a new shade to try. Luscious Spark goes on semi-opaque with some color without being solid. Luscious Spark goes on quiet sheer on my lips maybe due to my heavily pigmented lips. So I have to kind of layer it up foe the true colors to show. Though, my camera has not at all captured its true colors on my lips. While, the swatches on my hand are so true to their color. I need a new camera asap.
As you can make out by the name itself the formula of this lip-gloss is an inbetween of there famous Dazzleglasses and the not so famous Cremesheens. They went and made a formula that had the best of both worlds. Since I have swatched the Dazzleglasses at the MAC store the main difference I feel there is between Dazzleglasses and Dazzleglass Cremes is that Dazzleglass Cremes are more pigmented while having the same glass-like sheen with soft particles of reflect glitters. These are not very sticky, but they feel a little heavy on the lips. MAC also claims that it contains aloe and Vitamin E, which pamper the lips and prevent them from drying or peeling. It glides on smoothly on the lips and I totally LOVE the brush applicator it comes with. The application with the brush is a breeze, it is so precise and everything.. I really love the applicator. I wish every lip-gloss starts coming with these as opposed to the doe foot sponge applicators.
It can be exchanged under the Back 2 MAC policy. If you don’t know about this already Back 2 MAC is a MAC recycling policy under which they take 6 MAC empty primary packaging containers and give you a full sized lipstick in return (I’ve heard you can get an eyeshadow, lipstick or lipgloss in return, but the MAC site just mentions lipstick). This is their way for saying thank you for showing your commitment towards environment. I don’t know whether it’s just me or these Dazzleglass Cremes really go down very quickly, I mean I got this one by the end of December and its just 5 months now and I guess its just 1/4th left. I know 5 months is a lot but considering the fact that I just went out like maximum of 10-12 times out in these entire 5 months, I think I have used a considerable amount, at this rate this would be my first ever gloss to finish up so quickly. What I Like about MAC Dazzleglass Creme – Luscious Spark:
- The shade I got is a very pretty coral orangish shade that looks good on me. Though I have my eyes on My favorite pink now.
- These are not very sticky.
- They have the trademark Vanilla fragrance that all MAC lip products are infused with.
- The empty container can be traded in the Back 2 MAC policy.
- The brush applicator is really awesome.
- They are very creamy and go on the lips very smoothly.
- They contain aloe and Vitamin E, which makes the lips soft and prevent them for drying. These I guess are the same ingredients that make them moisturizing as well.
- The Dazzleglass crèmes feel heavy on the lips.
- It is quiet heavy on the pocket
- You get very little amount for the price you pay.
- They stay just for an average 2-2.5 hours.
- The shimmer glitter particles are a little gritty.
Repurchase: No, I expected a lot from these but I guess these are just above average kinda lipglosses with an awesome applicator and yummy vanilla scent. So, I will buy tinted lipglass or cremesheens the next time. I don’t know whether these are Limited Editions or not. But now they have just 5 of the shades on their site.
Have you used MAC Dazzleglass Creme?