MAC PRO LONGWEAR LIPCREME – REVIEW
Hello everyone – first of all, since this is my first post of 2011, I want to wish each and every one of you a very, very HAPPY NEW YEAR and all the best for 2011. I’ve really been caught up in various things during the Christmas/New Year festive season, but I’m thrilled to be back in action.
MAC (Kolkata) recently launched their MAC Pro Longwear Lipcremes in 12 colors, and I must confess that I’ve really waited a long time for these lipsticks to come on the scene, and got myself 4 of them. The shades being reviewed here are : Unlimited, Perpetual Flame, Love Forever and Prolong. They are priced at Rs. 1,150/- each for 3.6g.
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
MAC says: Lightweight texture, creamy finish and comfortable longwear combine in this has-it-all pro-class lip colour. Slick in use, applies without need of a top coat and still lasts upto 12 hours. Won’t feather or transfer, and the colour stays true. Helps lips stay soft and hydrated.
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
MAC Pro Longwear Lipcreme lipsticks come in a refreshingly different case than the normal MAC lipsticks. Although the case is black like all their regular lipsticks, the case is slimmer and thinner and shuts with a definite clicking snap-shut sound. (What came to my mind also was the fact that in their Dare to Wear Collection, they made the lip glass containers long and slim – unlike their normal lip glasses). The fragrance is their signature vanilla scent like all other MAC lipsticks.
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
These lipsticks are highly pigmented, and apply rich and creamy in about 1 and a half strokes, with a slightly glossy appearance when freshly applied. After ‘setting’, no further top coat is required, and during wear, lips don’t feel dry or parched at all. However, if you apply too much – say 2 or 3 or more strokes, they will not set well and will transfer to mugs, cups, spoons, etc. Even after application, if you rub them with some amount of pressure, you will notice that they smudge. However, they definitely are long-wearing, and feel comfortable and smooth on the lips.
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
(Left: Unlimited, Right: Perpetual Flame)
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India
(Same shades, Unlimited, and Perpetual Flame)
SOLUTIONS FOR ACNE: 5 Remedies to Treat Acne at Home | Top 10 Creams for Fading Acne Scars | 10 Home Remedies to Treat Scalp Acne | 8 Home Remedies to Reduce Acne Scars | 10 Tea Tree Oil Products for Acne-Prone and Sensitive Skin | Home Remedies to Treat Hormonal Acne
Unlimited, Perpetual Flame
Unlimited is described as a ‘Muted, Dirty Rose’ (I would describe it as a dusty tea rose kind of shade) and Perpetual Flame is described as ‘Pink Cranberry’ (I would call it a pinkish berry red).
HAIR: 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Regrow Hair on Bald Spots | 6 Hair Growth Secrets from Around the World | 7 Best Hair Oils For Faster Hair Growth | How to Make Rough Hair Silky | 30 Killer Hair Care Tips
Here are the swatches for the above 2 Unlimited and Pink Cranberry :
(Top: Perpetual Flame, Bottom: Unlimited)
The other 2 shades being reviewed :
(Left: Love Forever, Right: Prolong)
(Same shades: Love Forever and Prolong)
Love Forever Prolong
Love Forever is described as ‘Bright Blue Pink (I would say it’s a bright fuchsia pink) and Prolong is described as ‘True Red’ (I would call it a beautiful bright red, though not so bright as say, a fire-engine red.)
Please see the swatches for the above 2 lip creme shades :
(Top: Prolong, Bottom: Love Forever)
Pros of MAC Pro Longwear Lip creme
- Creamy, rich and highly-pigmented lipsticks.
- Feels soft and smooth while applying and leaves lips feeling comfortable.
- One and a half swipes give you rich colour.
- No need for a separate top coat; it’s an all-in-one longwear lipstick.
- Doesn’t accentuate fine lines on the lips and gives a smooth, creamy appearance.
- All 12 shades are part of MAC’s permanent range.
- A wide variety of shades, to suit everyone’s choice. (They have even included ‘Good To Go’ – a very bright orange, and ‘Goes and Goes’ – a rich violet.)
- New, classy, sleek packaging.
Cons of MAC Pro Longwear Lip Creme
- Doesn’t last 12 hours as MAC claims – I would say it gives between 6 to 8 hours, although I found that the colour starts to lighten up by about 4 to 5 hours, depending whether you have been eating or drinking anything in between. But it will not come off your lips completely, even after 8 to 10 hours. You will need a long-lasting make-up remover or a good cleansing milk to remove this lipstick.
- This was launched in the US/Canada in September 2010 and it took over 3 months for them to launch it in India.
- This is not related to the product being reviewed, but I feel bad about the fact that MAC has increased their product prices recently. For us cosmetic-lovers, that’s really something to feel bad about, right?
MAC Pro Longwear lip creme gets :-* :-* :-* :-* + 0.5 from me and since it’s part of their permanent range, I would be getting some more colours in due course.
Have you tried MAC pro Longwear Lip Creme? Please rate in the box below.
PS : Radhika is holding a YSL and MAC giveaway on her blog… :secret2: Don’t enter because I want to win :secret2: Go HERE :headbang: