Maintaining long and luscious mane can be a tough job. As we all must get regular trims at the salon to keep the health of hair intact, growing long hair becomes a slow process. There are some expensive treatments at salons that promise to speed up the rate of hair growth, but often come loaded with chemicals and harmful side-effects. So, the best way out is to stick to natural remedies in order to grow thick and long hair. Today, we shall tell you about one such wonder remedy from Mother Nature that helps to grow long hair. It’s flax seeds. Haven’t heard of its benefits about hair growth? Then, you are in the right place. Flax seeds hair packs work amazingly well if you dream to get thick, long and voluminous hair. Today, we shall tell you how you can make hair packs from flax seeds to boost your hair growth. So, read on.
Why is Flax Seed Good for Hair Growth?
Flax seeds can be best friends for your hair. Here is why you should use flax seeds for hair growth.
1. Supplies Vitamin E to Hair: Flaxseeds are a rich source of Vitamin E which is a vital vitamin for maintaining healthier hair. This vitamin helps to enhance the quality of your hair by reducing damage caused by free radicals. It also promotes blood circulation in the scalp which is needed for faster hair growth.
2. Flax Seeds Contain Omega 3 Fatty Acids: We can’t deny the usefulness of omega-3 fatty acids in enhancing hair health and flax seeds are a great supplier of this great hair nutrient. This helps to keep your hair nourished. It also maintains the hair hydration and prevents drying of hair strands at the ends. If you have itchy scalp and dandruff problem, then you can also benefit by using flax seeds.
3. Reduce Hair Breakage: Almost each and every girl complain of hair breakage. Luckily, flax seeds control that as well by improving the elasticity of the hair strands. Whether you use it externally or consume flax seeds with your meals, it does help to reduce hair brittleness significantly.
4. Improves Hair and Scalp Health: Flax seeds work both on your hair and on the scalp. As this houses, a number of vital nutrients like B vitamins, magnesium, manganese, selenium, and copper that promote hair health, your hair quality is bound to improve by using this in your hair routine. Along with this, it also helps you to grow longer hair which is strong and looks healthy.
How to Use Flax Seeds for Longer Hair?
This was the main question of today’s discussion and in this section, we will tell you about the different ways of using flax seeds on your hair.
1. Flaxseed and Coconut Oil Hair Mask:
• To use this mask, you have to take 2 cups of water and 1/4 cup of flax seeds in a heating pan. Light up the stove on medium flame and start boiling the flax seeds by stirring it at regular intervals. You need to do this till you see a white froth on the surface. Then, pour it into a strainer and collect the liquid in a bowl. Let it cool down for a while. Take about ¼th of the liquid and store the rest in a fridge.
• Next, you would need to heat some coconut oil in a pan and add it to the flax seeds liquid. This would thicken the consistency of the pack. Mix it well. You can also mix lavender essential oil to this solution. Stir them well.
• Use this solution on the hair. Part your hair into sections and apply this evenly. Keep massaging the scalp gently for proper penetration of nutrients. Keep this on your hair for about 2-3 hours. You might also put a shower cap during this time.
• Later, you can remove this hair pack by cleansing your hair with a mild shampoo and follow up with a conditioner. Remove all the residue well during shampooing. Towel dry your hair and see the amazing results.
2. Flax Seed and Lemon Juice Hair Gel:
Another way to use flax seeds for hair growth is to prepare hair gel out of it.
• Take some flax seeds in a pan and add water to it. Bring it to boil on medium flame. Stir it occasionally and do it until you see a white liquid on the surface.
• Now add a tablespoon of lemon juice and stir the liquid. Keep stirring it and wait until the texture thickens like that of a gel. Turn off the flame and keep it aside for cooling.
• Strain the liquid and collect the clear gel in a container for future use.
• You can use this flaxseed gel every day. You can either use this directly on the scalp for better hair growth or you can use it for hair setting and styling.
3. Flax Seed Hair Oil:
This is not a hair pack of flaxseed. It is a flax seed-based hair oil which is equally good if you want to use flaxseed in the form of an oil.
• In a bowl, heat the flaxseed oil for a few seconds until it is slightly warm.
• Part your hair into sections and apply this oil evenly. Massage your scalp.
• Cover your hair with a shower cap. You can also use a towel dipped in hot water for this purpose and use it to cover your head.
• Now keep this for 30 minutes.
• To remove the oil buildup from hair, cleanse with a mild shampoo.
• Do this twice/thrice a week for best results.
4. Flax Seeds Hair Packs with Other Natural Kitchen Ingredients:
We have discussed one way of preparing flax seed pack by mixing it with coconut oil. You can also replace coconut oil with other ingredients like gram flour, egg or honey. The method of using these ingredients is the same. You have to take flax seed powder and then add any of the above-mentioned ingredients to it. Mix them well to form a thick paste. You can also add some olive oil or essential oils like rosemary or lavender oil or plain yogurt to this pack. Apply it to your strands evenly and distribute the product well. Massage for some time. Keep the pack on your head for about 2 hours. Now rinse off with a mild shampoo and air dry it. You can use these packs once a week.
Hair growth can be tough. But with flax seeds hair masks, even this impossible task can become somewhat easier. Remember you won’t see results in a day or two. Keep using these hair packs consistently and if possible you can also include flax seeds in your diet for faster results. So, are you excited to use these hair packs? Tell us about your experience in the comments section below.