Makeup Breakdown at my Brother-In-Law’s wedding.
I did my own makeup at my brother- in- law’s wedding. Following is the break down. 🙂
• Applied Oil-free moisturizer from Neutrogena on cleansed face. Waited for 15 min to get it absorbed.
• Foundation- Maxfactor Miracle Touch Liquid Illusion Foundation in shade Creamy Ivory 40- loving it a lot nowadays. Since I’m not comfortable with daily use of foundation, I use this only for functions and it does give a pretty decent coverage and glow without being greasy. I have oily skin and features which attracted me the most about this foundation is that it blends very easily and it has got very good staying power on oily skin. I bought this based on a review in IMBB.
• Compact- Lotus Herbals Natural Blend Botanical Compact in shade Natural Beige 550. Since I wear compact on a daily basis I wanted something which has the least amount of chemicals in it, and that is how I ended up buying this being natural. This has become kind of HG product for me though I have used many other brands including Maybelline, Revlon, Street wear etc. Apart from daily use, I use this to give a finishing touch to my make-up for functions; I felt this is good for touch-ups too. Again based on IMBB recommendation.
• Blush- Colorbar Blush 04 Peachy Rose, I just LOVE this shade! The pretty pink glowing cheek is something irresistible that I am using it very often nowadays. Good good really good! Again an IMBB recommendation.
Kept the eye make up really simple with just eyeliner and mascara.
• Lined upper lids with Maybelline waterproof Ultra Liner-though not a huge fan of this liquid liner I like it for the glossy effect it gives and the brush is also good enough if you want a thin line. However it starts flaking little bit after few hours.
• Lined lower lash line with Revlon Colorstay One stroke defining eyeliner in Blackest black- true to its claim, this is the blackest ever pencil liner I have seen and one stroke is more than enough for a perfect line. Smudge-proof, water-proof and stays put for long long hours. However for my sensitive eyes it stings a lot if it gets inside eyes and so I don’t use this for my water line. I used Lotus Kajal to fill my water line.
• I finished my eye make up with the Maybelline Colossal volume express water proof mascara.
• Moisturized my lips with Lotus Cocoa Lip Therapy which is a part of my daily routine and should admit this product does wonders to keep the lips soft and hydrated.
• Outlined lips with Tips & Toes Definer in Coffee Brown, and filled in entire lips with the same- this is a mechanical liner and I like it for its pigmentation and long lasting capabilities.
• Applied Revlon Super Lustrous Lip gloss in shade Pearl Plum, which is one of my favorite glosses, shimmery, non-sticky and gives a smooth feeling to lips and the shade is lovely!!
Hope I have not missed out anything …needless to say, except for couple of products; I picked all others after reading IMBB reviews/recos and am happy with the end result which I believe has helped me achieve a simple yet beautiful look. Hope you all liked it!!
32 thoughts on “Make Up Break Down at my Brother In Law’s Wedding”
Your makeup looks subtle and pretty. 🙂 I am yet to try the miracle touch but that’s on my list. Glad IMBB has helped you. :-* :-*
Hii Shyna..I missed the “me in red sari” part 😀 😀 Your makeup is really simple and nice…and I have MF Liquid Illusion :inlove: I have wayyyy too many foundations now :-(( :-((
Thnx Radhika..am basically not a foundation person so have not tried any other brands…this MF one was a perfect buy for me..thnx to IMBB :-*
i don no wats wrong with my skin all these foundations look so thick on my face… i v tried my cozins laura mercier n i liked it but u don get it in here:@ can i kill maself i like the look 😀 😀
Shyna……suble look, but it worked very well…..looks like you have got the perfect match on the foundation… :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: and also your sister-in-law’s gold bangles are making me jealous 😛 😛 😛 😛 😛 😛
He he Jomol, Gold is inevitable in Hindu weddings here, u know well right..this pic is of reception, u should’ve seen her in her wedding attire with lots n lots of gold ornaments… i soemhow hate it but cant help it no..Glad thqat u liked my make-up :-))
he he I just noticed how much gold she is wearing. Gold never goes unnoticed from Jomol’s eyes… :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Rati, most mallus r like that only…Am not very fond of gold though
Simple and neat look Shyna 🙂
Thnx dear :-))
very neat n beautiful 🙂 i like it very much!
Thank you Ramya :-))
Thnx Rati..miracle touch i would say is a perfect pick for oily skin types…does give a glow without being greasy..and lasts really long
errr….I have drryyy skin. :((
Oh but i think it will suit all skin types…since i have oily skin i found it perfect since there are not many such options for oily skin.the consistency is in between liquid and cream and blends so well…probabaly you can try it at the counter n see how you feel.
I have seen it Shyna, I just couldn’t find my exact shade match then. Instead I bought the age renew, which I love love love. 😛
I would check it out again. 🙂
Age renew is fabulous, i badly wanted to buy that only…but SA told it might not suit me 😥
And ya, shade selection is limited…i bought the lightest shade available in India, creamy ivory..though i was quite skeptical abt it being too light for my skin tone, thnk god it turned out well, esp since i think this is their only shade which has yellow undertones…
Yeah agree renew is a very creamy foundation. Not for oily skin at all. 🙂 Shades are def a problem with maxfactor. Most of them have pinky undertones.. :((
Oh.I got that..cream ivory..was thinking it would be too light for me..not yet tried..but got some hope after reading your comment 😀
Hi Shyna, enjoyed reading your makeup breakdown, very simple and clean 🙂
Hi Renuca. :))
I think Renuca was also missing for a long time isn’t it Rati?just like me 😛
yeah, I am seeing her here after many days. 🙂
hey back Rati, you get prettier everytime I see you :D.. Shyna no I havent been missing at all, I just like to lurk in the background sometimes 😛 :shy:
he he you must stay around more , I’ll look the same :giggle: :giggle: Thank you. :-* :-*
Oh ok…glad to see you back
you are looking v nice Shyna!!! :yes: :yes: :yes: nice breakdown of the makeup
Thank uuu… :-))
since everyone has already tolld u its a simple and pretty look, i’ll not say that… instead, i’ll say that i think ur saree is lovely….! crepe, is it?