What the company claims
Ready, set, flawless! Maybelline New York face products are just what you need for that perfect flawless look.
• Formula is jet-milled into ultra-fine particles for an air-soft, ultra-silky texture.
• The suede-touch puff smoothes onto skin evenly, effortlessly, for the most beautiful matte perfection.
Price: I think it was around Rs.475/- when I purchased it
How to use the product
Apply Dream Matte Powder to your forehead, nose, cheeks, and chin with the provided puff using gentle downward strokes. Build coverage gradually.
• Sand Medium 0-1
• Beige Medium 2-2.5
• Honey Medium 3-4
• Light Cream 4-5 .
My Take on Maybelline Dream Matte Powder
• Price is Rs.475/- but some online stores sell this for Rs.450/-.
• Shades available – 4 in India.
• Packaging – the packaging of this compact is quite different from the ones that I have used earlier – like Revlon T&G, Lotus Herbals. The compact comes in tow compartments. The upper one with transparent lid holds the powder and the lower one which slides holds the mirror and the puff.
• The puff which comes along with it is OK. But if you don’t want to spoil it you can use a brush.
• Quantity Required – A little bit is required to give your face a good finish. And maybe after 4 hours you need to do a touch up. But again this may vary under a different set of conditions like if your are outside in the hot weather.
• Texture – its really very smooth and does not cause irritation. Some compacts that I have used earlier have caused some kind of burning sensation but not this.
• Appearance on skin – Really takes away the excess oil and gives a nice matte finish to the skin. Actually it gives a nice look to the face. Though the compact gives a matte look which the oily skinned beauties will love it will not make dry skin look cakey.
• The coverage is medium and it will go well with any good foundation or without it.
• Smell – No distinctive smell which is a big plus for me.
• Availability – No issues with availability.
• Shades – comes in three shades and there are testers so you will not have an issue with it.
Pros of Maybelline Dream Matte Pressed Powder
1. Did not cause any irritation and gives a flawless matte look.
2. Can be used with and without foundation.
3. No specific smell.
4. Does not make the skin cakey or give the skin a ghastly look. Quite a decent product.
5. I bought shade medium sand and it blends really well with my skin tone.
6. No breakouts or burning sensation.
7. Available and there are testers.
8. Dermatologically tested and wont clog pores.
Cons of Maybelline Dream Matte Pressed Powder
1. The packaging. Its bulky as there are two compartments but maybe this is to keep the powder hygienic but I am used to the typical packing of compacts. Not only that if you want to take a sneak peek into the mirror you will actually have to touch the puff which is not very appealing.
2. Some might find it pricey. As cheaper compacts are available,
3. Shade selection limited
4. No SPF.
Points – Will give it 4 out of 5.
Will I repurchase it again – Yes I will.