Bollywood is a big world in itself. It is full of romance, affairs and of course big fat Indian weddings. Some have grand royal weddings like Shilpa Shetty and Raj Kundra while some have secret weddings like Rani Mukherji and Aditya Chopra. Some marry their high-school sweethearts like Imran Khan and Avantika while some fell in love with their movie co-stars like Riteish Deshmukh and Genelia D’souza. We have all varieties here. 😀
So today I am jotting down those few actors who are married to a non-filmy person. Most of the actors dated their future wives for a long time before tying the knot. Let’s take a look:
1. Shahrukh Khan and Gauri Chhiber: Yes, that was her name before becoming Mrs Gauri Khan. All of us would have read or heard about the oh-so-sweet love story of Shahrukh and Gauri. They had first met in 1984 at a common friend’s party and after a lot of family drama got married in 1991.
Gauri Khan did not choose to remain just a star-wife. She owns a production company called Red Chillies Entertainment which was started in 2004 with Main Hu na. She has also been involved in interior designing, though she has not got any formal degree in it. She started off with her bungalow, Mannat and then some of her friends’ as well. She has also designed some limited edition furniture and furniture accessories for Sussanne Khan’s furniture label The Charcoal Project. Her first commercial project was a designing project with Pune-based Kolte Patil Developers Ltd for designing couture penthouses in Pune in 2012.
In March this year, she also launched her new concept store called The Design Cell which was featured in Vogue magazine. With Sussanne’s partnership, she also launched her signature line in Dubai this May under international label The First Ferry. Well, all the best to her for all the new ventures!
2. Emraan Hashmi and Parveen Shahani: Emraan Hashmi may have the image of a Casanova in the movies but in his personal life, he is happily married to his long-term girlfriend Parveen Shahani. They got married in 2006 and are parents to a 4-year old son Ayaan. Even though she accepts Emraan’s professional decisions, it seems she gives him a tough time after each movie screening in which he kisses! Hehe 😀 😀
She used to be a pre-school teacher and has taken a break to take care of his son. She plans to resume teaching in coming few years. She is one-of the most low-key star wives and likes her privacy!
3. Sohail Khan and Seema Sachdev: Being from different religions, Seema’s parents did not agree for their marriage. So what did they do? They eloped and that also on the day when Sohail’s first directorial debut movie “Pyar Kiya toh Darna Kya” released, way back in 1998. May be he got inspired by the title! 😀 Now, they are a happy couple and parents of two cute sons-Nirvaan and Yohan.
Seema is a fashion designer by profession and has launched Bandra 190, a luxury concept retail boutique last year. The store is co-owned by Sussanne Khan and jewellery designer-Maheep Kapoor (wife of Sanjay Kapoor). I could not help myself from posting some pictures of the store here. Everything is droolworthy!! Check them out. She also owns a beauty spa and salon “Kallista” in Mumbai.
She is popular for her trendy designs in the Indian television. She reached the headlines after Sony TV launched ‘Jassi Jaise Koi Nahin’. The look for the lead character was designed by Seema. Wow!
4. John Abraham and Priya Runchal: John and Bipasha had a long affair of 9 years after which they broke up. After this breakup, he started dating Priya. According to John, they had first met through common friends who worked in World Bank where Priya had come for some work. But there is a strong rumour that John, Bipasha & Priya used to go to the same gym and that’s where they got acquainted to each other first. John announced his marriage through tweet wishing New Year, which he signed as John and Priya Abraham.
Priya Runchal is an NRI investment banker and financial analyst based in LA. She has done her MBA from London and is planning to move to Mumbai now. It is said that all the money that John has invested have all been at the right places and it was all suggested by Priya. Good going!
5. Imran Khan and Avantika Malik: Imran met Avantika only when he was 19. They dated for around 8 years and got married in 2011. For proposing, Imran had decorated her room with candles. Of course Avantika said “yes”. Who wouldn’t!! Their wedding ceremony was organized at the Mamu, Amir Khan’s house. They have a six-month old daughter, whom they named Imara.
She is a daughter of Vandana Malik, who is the CEO of CNBC-TV18 business news channel. She was the lead in that 90’s serial “Just Mohabbat”. She has appeared in the movies like “Ek main aur ekk tu”, “I hate luv storys” and “Jaane tu”.
6. Arjun Rampal and Mehr Jessia: Both have been supermodels and together they make one of the most good-looking and stylish couples of Bollywood. Arjun Rampal was spotted at a Delhi disc by designer Rohit Bal and Mehr was already a supermodel and former Miss India at that time. They met and later got married in 1997.
Mehr was Femina Miss India in 1986 and still continues to be a supermodel. According to Arjun, he feels quite insecure to shoot with her and in his words Mehr is the only one who makes him feel insecure.
7. Bobby Deol and Tanya Ahuja: Bobby saw Tanya at Trattoria, the Italian restaurant at Mumbai’s Hotel President and it was love-at-first-sight for him. He met her through a common friend who was also present then with Tanya but she did not acknowledge him. Later when she started to speak to him, they would talk on phone for 7-8 hours every night! They got married in 1996.
Tanya belongs to a rich business family of Ahujas. She has done a course in interior designing and is a furniture designer by profession. She owns the Good Earth store which retails furniture and home accessories. Her furniture and interior decor accessories are also displayed at Twinkle Khanna’s store, White Window, located in Bandra, Mumbai. Her work is well-liked by all,; brother-in-law Sunny being the biggest fan.
8. Suneil Shetty and Mana Kadri: Mana had met Suneil when she was 17 at Pastry Palace in Napean Sea road. Suneil was the dada of the locality, used to ride jeeps and roam around with a bunch of tough guys. Mana did not like him initially but eventually Suneil was able to woo her. They had to wait for 9 long years to get married because his family was not ready. His wedding present to her was a BMW which said, ‘BMW. BE MY WIFE!’ .If only, everyone was as lucky as her! 😛 😛
At present, Mana is the creative director of R House Furnishing Solutions Pvt. Ltd. and director of S2 Realty Developers Pvt. Ltd. She also runs ‘Save The Children India’, an NGO set up by her late mother Vipula Kadri and has a fundraising exhibition for the NGO called Araaish. She has been managing all these things simultaneously and is also a dedicated wife and mother. Hats off to her!
9. Farhan Akhtar and Adhuna Bhabani: Farhan met Adhuna in club J 49 in Mumbai when she did a full cartwheel in the middle of all the people. He was writing the script for Dil Chahta Hai at that time. Later, they dated for 3 years and got married in 2000.
Adhuna was the one who gave different hairstyles to the 3 actors in Dil Chahta Hai. This was a major turning point for her career. Later she also designed the star hairstyles in movies like Lakshya, Rock On and Rang De Basanti.
She had first opened her salon named Juice with her brother and business-partner. Later, she changed it to b:blunt which is India’s premium hair dressing salon and academy group. Currently, the branches are at Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Indore, Pune, Hyderabad and Chennai. There is an interesting presentation of their journey in their website.
Bollywood Actresses in Kanjivaram Silk Sarees
Wives and Girlfriends of Top FIFA World Cup Players
Towering Beauties of Bollywood
Bollywood Stars and Their Family Pics
Bollywood Celebrities and Their Tattoos
Bollywood Stars and Their Holiday Pictures
The Top 7 Reigning Families of Bollywood