I am here with another review. This time I’ll be reviewing the Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in the shade Showy. I picked up this lippy a few months back when I was travelling abroad. I love bright lipsticks especially pinks. Moreover, the ‘matte’ effect of this range attracted me to try it out as it is really hard for me to find a good matte lip formula. So let’s get to the review and see how it fared.
Revlon describes these lip balms on their website as “Vibrant colors infused with a Triple Butter Complex give you a bold, beautiful lip. It’s a burst of matte color with a balm-like feel. Go bold and get moisturized in 10 craveable, collectible shades.
1. Velvety color + balm-like moisture
2. Infused with a Triple Butter Complex of shea, mango, and coconut butter
3. Retractable chubby crayon, no sharpener required”
MenthaPiperita (Peppermint) Oil, Octyldodecanol, Cera Alba ((Beeswax) Cire d abeille), BHT, Benzoic Acid.
May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850:1), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410).
I bought this for about USD 10. In India, these balms cost about Rs. 800 for 2.7gm of product.
My experience with Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm- 220 Showy
• Packaging– It comes in a retractable twist-up tube. So there is no need to sharpen it. However the tip of the bullet will get blunt over time with application. The color of the tube is the same as that of the lip color which makes it easier to locate when in a hurry.
*TIP: – Try using the sides of the bullet while applying instead of the tip to keep it pointed for future use.
• Smell– It has alight minty scent
• Texture& Pigmentation-The lip color is of a smooth creamy texture. It is very soft, goes on amazingly smoothly and will not tug on the lips. Add to this its high pigmentation and you have a lippy that applies effortlessly! Once on the lips, it feels quite lightweight which is a great plus for me because I hate the feeling of heavy made up lips! But the weird thing about this particular shade is that although it swatches evenly on the hands, on the lips it sometimes tends to apply unevenly and in the course, accentuate dryness.
• Coverage– It provides full coverage on the lipsin a satin-like finish so it’s great for girls with pigmented lips.
• Longevity– It stays for about 4-6 hours and leaves a stain afterwards.
• Shade-Thecolor is a bright blue-toned pink.The shade is so bright & beautiful that all you need is some mascara and this lip color and you can be good to go! The shade is tricky though, as it might not suit everyone. In my opinion, the shade would look best on light to medium skintones.It also will dependon how much you like and can carry off cool-toned lip colors. Personally, I love cool-toned lip colors on me. They create a nice contrast with my warm complexion.
Below is the swatch of the lip color in daylight (Bottom: 1 swipe ; Top: 3 swipes)
And this is how it looks in the shade (Bottom: 1 swipe ; Top: 3 swipes)
Pros of Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm- 220 Showy
• Love the color
• Formula is better than many other matte lipsticks I have tried. Applies effortlessly and there is no tugging
• Twist-up retractable tube
• Color of the tube is same as that of the actual lip color which makes it easier to locate
• Bullet shape allows more precision while applying
• Lightweight on the lips
• Highly pigmented
• Does not fade away altogether. Leaves a stain behind.
Cons of Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm- 220 Showy
• The shade might not suit all skintones
• Definitely need a lip balm beneath. Texture is not hydrating at allesp when Revlon claims it to be a ‘balm’.
• This particular shade applies somewhat unevenly and tends to highlight dry/chapped lips .
Would I recommend Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm- 220 Showy?
Yes. But try the shade first in the store before buying it.
IMBB rating:4/5 (I love the shade so I am willing to let go of the minor flaws in the formula!!!)
Thank you all for reading!
Revlon Colorburst Matte Lip Balm in Mischievous
Revlon Colorburst Matte Lip Balm – Audacious
Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm – 250 Standout
Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter Berry Smoothie
Top 25 Must-Have Revlon Super Lustrous Lipsticks
11 Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick Photos, Swatches
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick Matte – Really Red Review
Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick – Finale
Revlon Colorburst Matte Lip Balm – Audacious
NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil – Bahama