Stila Lip Glaze in “Kitten”
“Kitten” has been Stila’s top selling Lip Glaze and also supposedly a universally flattering shade. Stila defines kitten as a shimmering champagne color. I see a lot of bronze and gold flecks which makes this warm shade ideal for Indian complexions. It looks amazing all by itself and adds loads of shine to any regular lipstick when layered on. There is a lot of reflective glitter, but, it does not look cheap or overly ‘done’. 🙂
Stila says “Want lips that get all the attention they deserve? Turn on the shine and you’ll be turning heads with stila’s most popular lip gloss. Choose from an array of delectable shades that add a splash of color and fabulously matching flavors and scents in one easy click of the famous pen. Cosmetics experts agree-this top seller is an essential addition to any beauty bag. ”
I got kitten as part of a set from Stila. The full size retails at $22 but there is quite a bit of product for that amount.
The packaging is very different and classy. The tube has to be twisted at the bottom for product to come out, unlike traditional lip glosses. There is no sponge tip applicator, instead, there is a brush applicator that deposits color evenly and is also quite addictive to play around with. Makes me go over n over again with the color on my lips 😉
The color as such is pretty pigmented and is perfect for the festive season. It’s got a lot of gold undertones which makes it look great on all skin tones. I don’t detect any smell/flavor and they are not all that sticky either. Just sticky enough to stay on for a good 2-3 hours of wear. Here is a swatch of Kitten.
What I like about Stila Lip Glaze:
- Great pigmentation and amazing shine.
- No taste/flavor which makes it ideal for sensitive noses.
- Very portable and practical packaging. I’ve never had problems with this leaking in my bag/purse.
What I dislike about Stila Lip Glaze:
- The gloss is quite sticky. So, if you have a problem with sticky glosses, you may not like it.
- Can be a little pricey for a lip gloss but, a great buy if you catch it as part of a set. The one I have reviewed here is a travel size, since, its part of a set. The normal ones are bigger in size and have much more product.
- “Kitten” as such contains a lot of shimmer. So, if you don’t like shimmer, you may have a problem with this particular shade.
I love this gloss and would recommend everyone to try it at least once. They have a nice array of shades and from what I have seen, most shades are very wearable.