WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Revlon ColorStay Mineral Lipglaze in Stay Ablaze
ColorStay Mineral Lipglaze is Revlon’s first longwearing lip gloss that lasts for up to 8 hours.
Revlon’s first long-wearing lip gloss with a unique mineral complex that provides a glossy seal of conditioning color. Just one application of this cushy formula keeps lips coated with comfortable color for up to 8 hours, with no need for touch-ups. Available in 12 gorgeous, glossy shades including 4 new shades.
I realized lately I don’t have any red lip colors at all, and I wanted one in my collection. I don’t feel bold enough just yet to wear a matte red lipstick, so I thought trying a red lip gloss, which would probably be sheerer, would be a good way to get my feet wet.
Stay Ablaze is a pretty wearable red, great for daytime. The picture above was taken outdoors with flash, and the shade here looks brighter, but in actual it looks a tad darker, and more like a brick red at first glance. Looking more closely at it, to me it’s a dark coral red, with hints of orange, and tiny golden shimmers. It’s a cheerful, fun shade and gives my lips a nice, lively, yet not over-the-top color. I didn’t include a photo of it on my lips because my camera totally seems to wash it out and it doesn’t appear as vibrant as it does in the swatch photo.
This retails in the states for about $8, and here in Manila is sold at cosmetics counters for 575 Philippine Pesos (approx $13.50 or Rs. 620), but I bought it brand new and cheaper on the local Ebay for 250 Pesos, inclusive of shipping.
Pros of Revlon ColorStay Mineral Lipglaze
• Stay Ablaze is a lovely, perfectly wearable dark coral red that really livens up my face. I don’t find the color garish or clownish at all.
• Can be worn sheer or more opaque by adding layers, so it’s quite versatile—easy to wear during daytime, and can be made brighter for nights out, by swiping on more product.
• I think this color would suit both cool and warm skin tones, from light skin to darker tones.
• Doesn’t stay on for 8 hours at it claims, but does stay on pretty long for a lip gloss. It has a rich texture which helps make it last for over half the day on me, and I can still see it on my lips after eating lunch, though it’s a little less vibrant.
• Doesn’t dry out or irritate my lips.
• Doesn’t have a chemical taste to it or any taste at all.
• The packaging looks standard, but doesn’t look cheap to me and isn’t flimsy.
• The applicator is the typical doe-foot wand, but it applies the gloss on my lips with no problem.
Cons of Revlon ColorStay Mineral Lipglaze
• It has a rather fake orange-vanilla scent that I dislike, which is kind of strong at first but fades within a few minutes.
• It is a bit sticky, not overly so, and I think that helps it stay on longer and don’t mind it, but those who don’t like sticky lip glosses should try this before buying.
• May not be available in all countries aside from the USA.
Overall, this was a pretty good buy for me. I think Stay Ablaze is a good color for those just starting or looking to wear red shades—it’s quite pretty and can be worn sheer or strong. I was able to buy it cheaper on Ebay, and initially found its mall price on the expensive side, but after trying the product and liking the color and good lasting power, I find the price quite justifiable. If I ran out or wanted to buy another tube and could only buy it at the mall, I would be willing to buy there. I think it’s a must-try lip product from Revlon.
Stila LipGlaze Kitten
ELF Plumping LipGlaze Plum Pout
Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation
Revlon ColorStay Mineral Foundation
Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick
Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eye Pen
Revlon Colorstay Liquid Liner
Mineral Makeup For Mature Skin
Maybelline Mineral Foundation for Sensitive Skin
Avon Smooth Mineral Blush in Perfect Plum
Have You Used Revlon ColorStay Mineral Lipglaze Before? Please Rate in the Box Below: