WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Hello Beautiful girls,
How are winters treating you? December is almost upon us and so is Christmas and New Year. I can’t wait for New Year this time, as I am planning to visit my hometown and parents by the start of New Year, yay! I feel so much excited and nervous at the same time thinking about my very first visit to my hubby’s relatives as well as visiting my family as well 😛 Hope we come back with lovely memories and gifts 😉 Anyway, in continuation of the winter skin care regime, today I bring you another product from The Body Shop Fijian Water Lotus range. Let’s find out more details about it, read on 🙂
$8.00 for 8.4 Fl Oz (250 ml), I bought it for $4.80. It’s easily available on 10-50% discounts all year round.
Escape to the island paradise of Fiji where we discovered a breathtakingly beautiful water lotus. We carefully hand-picked these flowers and created this delicate and unique scent with water lotus notes and frangipani accords for a breeze of fragrance straight from the Pacific.
- Fresh aquatic-floral scent.
- Refreshing and cleansing.
- Layer with other Fijian Water Lotus products to build the fragrance.
- Enriched with Community Fair Trade Honey.
This colorless watery shower gel comes in a plastic transparent bottle packaging with flip top cap. It has a strong musky fragrance similar to that of body butter, but it tends to become mild once we use it in shower. However, it might be bothering for sensitive noses.
My Experience with The Body Shop Fijian Water Lotus Shower Gel:
Well, as I said, I am not much into musky floral scents, hence this is not a must-have shower gel for me, though I like it more than its body butter because this one smells milder than the body butter from the same range. The floral musky scent seems quite strong the moment we open it, thereafter it fades a bit and then lingers on for an hour or so post shower with milder sweet notes. It certainly increases the longevity of body butter aroma when followed up by the same which is not for me though my hubby usually loves using this shower gel in conjunction with Fijian body butter.
The texture of shower gel is watery and gooey which forms enough lather with only a few drops. It cleanses and refreshes my skin very well apart from awakening my senses. It does not leave any residue on my skin, other than leaving it squeaky clean and soft. I feel it is not over-drying on my skin though my skin does need extra-pampering considering winters are around. However, it does not cause any irritation or itching on my skin even if I skip using body lotion for a while. It definitely gives me spa-like feel in my shower with that mild musky smell which is not too overpowering, yet strong enough to soothe and awaken my senses and dreams.
This shower gel also screams wild Fijian beaches or Hawaii islands and hence I feel it is best way to re-create Hawaii beach spa feel inside our cozy comfort home. I would recommend this floral musky shower gel to gals who are more into musky aromas and want to enjoy a Hawaiian spa right in the comfort zone of their homes, personally, it’s a skip for me.
Let’s sum up the pros and cons:
Pros of The Body Shop Fijian Water Lotus Shower Gel:
- A refreshing and cleansing soap-free shower gel that supports community fair trade ingredients like honey, shea butter, etc.
- Smells heavenly of floral aquatic scent with musky notes.
- The scent seems strong, but fades to milder notes after a while unlike the body butter scent.
- Cleanses and forms enough lather with a few drops leaving behind no oily-sticky residue, just squeaky clean skin and mild musky lingering smell.
- Perfect for summers, works fine in winters too.
- Does not cause any itching, does not dry out the skin.
- Suitable for all skin types.
- Hygienic and travel-friendly packaging.
- Against animal testing, hence cruelty-free product.
Cons of The Body Shop Fijian Water Lotus Shower Gel:
- Contains SLS.
- The musky smell might be a turn off for a few of us.
- Might be tricky on sensitive or chapped skin, especially in winters.
- The scent does not last longer on skin post shower.
Well, overall, I feel it is a good but not a great product and I am not interested to repurchase it; however, I believe it is a good product for gals who love musky and floral scents; however, the scent does not linger long, it should be used in conjunction with the body butter for better effect.
The Body Shop Fijian Water Lotus Fragrance Mist
Try The Body Shop Fijian Water Lotus Body Butter And Take A Quick Trip To The Fiji Islands!
The Body Shop Moringa Shower Gel
The Body Shop Atlas Mountain Rose Shower Gel
The Body Shop Early Harvest Raspberry Shower Gel
The Body Shop Indian Night Jasmine Shower Gel
The Body Shop Mango Shower Gel