The Body Shop Lip Scuff Review + Photos
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
The Body Shop Lip Scuff
Here’s the official spiel on the Lip Scuff, from The Body Shop website:
A moisturising lip care product that gently exfoliates the lips to help remove dead skin cells, leaving the lips feeling smooth, soft and conditioned.
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
What it is:
In simple words, it is a lip exfoliant that comes in a retractable tube. The scuff itself is angled (just like how a lipstick is) so you can give it a good swipe over your lips. It is infused with peppermint and you can smell the peppermint straight away. There are tiny exfoliating beads in the scuff, but I am not quite sure if they are peppermint beads or something else. This is what it looks like.
How to use it:
You apply it the same way you would apply lipstick, only you don’t need to be precise about staying within the lip line. I would recommend leaving the lip scuff in for 1-2 minutes before removing with a tissue.
Here’s a swatch of the lip scuff:
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
What I like about The Body Shop Lip Scuff:
- I like the fact that it comes in a retractable tube. Very easy to apply, and non-messy too.
- The peppermint smell is not too strong.
- The texture of the scuff is just like a lipstick, if you can imagine a lipstick with tiny exfoliating beads in them . 🙂
- You can really feel the exfoliating beads working on your lips when you swipe the product. I don’t know about you, but I like to actually feel exfoliating beads in any lip/facial scrub working into my lips/skin.
- My lips felt smooth and supple and refreshed after wiping off the product.
- It is definitely a unique product. I have never seen The Body Shop come out with something like this before. Or maybe they have and I have been living under a rock the past few years 😛
What I don’t like about The Body Shop Lip Scuff Swatch
- The quantity. There is only 2.5g of product in the tube which is hardly anything! The size of the scuff is the same as a full sized lipstick, and yet lipsticks usually contain around 4g or so of product.
- The price tag. NZ$24.75 is a hefty price to pay for only 2.5g of product. I am really not sure how much this lip scuff would cost in India but I am assuming it would cost around the same?
- I have only used the lip scuff a maximum of 7-8 times but I have already almost finished it! It does not last very long at all. One or two swipes of the product diminishes the tube quite a bit. I am pretty sure that with 3 or 4 more uses, I will finish the scuff completely! And I was thinking this was something which would last me a while.
My final verdict:
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
The lip scuff does exfoliate my lips nicely and make my lips feel nice and smooth after using it. However, the heavy price tag, and the tiny amount of product for that price are a major put-off. The fact that the product doesn’t last very long either is another con.
Would I repurchase this product? Nope.
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India
Have you used The Body Shop Lip Scuff? Please rate in the box below.
SOLUTIONS FOR ACNE: 5 Remedies to Treat Acne at Home | Top 10 Creams for Fading Acne Scars | 10 Home Remedies to Treat Scalp Acne | 8 Home Remedies to Reduce Acne Scars | 10 Tea Tree Oil Products for Acne-Prone and Sensitive Skin | Home Remedies to Treat Hormonal Acne