WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
The Body Shop Sparkle Nail Colour in Twinkling Pink
During my Sankranti shopping I just got bored waiting for my hubby so thought of giving a look in to the The Body Shop store. I actually stepped in to check out their brushes and brush kits and was in a dilemma whether to buy it or not. [ I am still in a dilemma] That is when I saw the nail polish in 2 colours black and pink. As I am a sucker for glitters and shimmers I tried the pink one on my thumb finger and I really liked it.When I saw the price, and then came the shock of my life. This small 10 ml bottle was priced at Rs.395 !!!!!! I was like Whaaaattttt??? It was not even so different from the normal Lakme and Elle 18 nail enamels that won’t even cost more than Rs.50 for a bigger bottle.
I was standing there staring at the price and mum saw that. She insisted me to get it, thinking that I really loved the polish and I was standing there thinking about the price and that I was not able to keep it back in the stack. Also she knows the kind of nail polish I like [with glitters and pinks] and so she just billed it and dropped it in my bag. I was screaming at her telling it is not at all worth the money and we would get similar nail polish for a lesser price.
After a while I thought, fine once in a while it is okay to go overboard 😉 But again this gave a shock. After coming home when I applied it in the rest of my nails I found that the nail polish is little gooey and I had to take the right amount else it looked bad on my nails. The brush is ‘ok’ kind and for the first time [as far as I remember] I thought I made a very bad purchase. I had to find tricks and positions to apply it in a way such that the nail polish looks decent. I am not sure whether only I have this problem or everyone has it . 🙁 If anyone of you have this please share your experience with me.
Pros of The Body Shop Nail Paint
- Nothing special about this. Just less than a normal nail polish with glitters.
Cons of The Body Shop Nail Paint
- Very expensive.
- The nail polish is little gooey like a glue.
- The above point makes the application a little difficult ☹
- Not many shades available. [Black and Pink only]
- I thought the shade is not mentioned anywhere in the bottle. I actually googled to find out the range and name of the shade but later found out the price sticker was on top of the sticker where they had mentioned the shade.
- Very little quantity for the price.
- After application, it doesn’t look any different from other glittery nail polish.
My Rating – :-* :-*
Don’t ask me why I gave those 2 points. I have no idea, might me to console myself . 🙁
Will I repurchase?
Neither will I repurchase nor will I recommend this to anyone.