WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Look 1: Stained Lips (MAC)
- Eyes: Lipstick in the Prowl (Available Fall 2010) – Washed over the eyelid with a MAC 217 brush for a shiny texture. Lip Conditioner (Tube) – Dabbed into the inner corner of the eye to highlight.
- Face: Careblends Essential Oil – Massaged into the skin. Mineralize All-Over Lotion and Studio Moisture Tint Foundation – Blended together and applied to the entire face for a dewy skin finish. Lipstick in Kittenish (Available Fall 2010) – Dabbed onto the cheeks with fingers and massaged along with the cheekbone.
- Lip: Lipstick in Kittenish (Available Fall 2010) – Sparingly Applied to the inner lip with the point of the lipstick.
Look 2: Shimmery golden Eyes with deep dark purple lips. (MAC)
- Eyes: Studio Sculpt Concealor applied over the eyelid as a base. Set Powder in Invisible powdered over the eye area to set the concealor. Pigment in With Legal swept over the concealed eyelid from lash to brown and in the inner corner of the eye. Iridescent Powder in Silver Dusk – lightly applied to the inner eye corner and under the brow bone. Studio Fix Lash applied to top and bottom lashes.
- Face: Studio Sculpt SPF Foundation applied all over the face. Set powder in Invisible brushed over the skin to set the foundation for a matte finish. Iridescent powder in Silver Dusk – lightly brushed on cheekbones.
- Lips: Lip Pencil in Currant, lined around the natural shape of the mouth, for perfect lip definition. Lipstick in Kittenish applied all over with MAC 242 brush. Mineralize eye shadow duo in Dark Magic lightly applied over lipstick with fingertips.
Look 3: Flushed cheeks and coral lips (Bobbi Brown)
- Skin: Hydrating Face Cream ($50), Hydrating Eye Cream ($45), Foundation Stick ($40), Creamy Concealer ($22), Corrector ($22)Eyes: Sandy Gold Long-Wear Cream Shadow ($22) and Chrome Eye Shadow in Gold on lower-lid, Bash Metallic Eye Shadow and Indigo Nights Metallic Eye Shadow as liner, Everything Mascara ($22)
- Cheeks: Pink Rose Blush (Fall ’10, Denim & Rose Face Palette $60)
- Lips: Ice Lilac Glitter Lip Gloss (Fall ’10, Denim & Rose Face Palette $60)
- Brows: Natural
Look 4: Blue-Black smokey eyes and nude lips (MAC)
- Eyes: MAC Pro Crème Liner in Black – Applied to the eye area, eyelid to brow bone. MAC Pro Pigment in Corn Flower – Brushed out from the inner eye corner on the lower lash line using a MAC 213 brush. MAC Pro Glitter in 3D Silver – Layered over the pigment in the inner corner of the eye. Zoom Lash Mascara in Zoomblack – Copiously applied to the lash. Eye Kohl in Smolder – To line the lower inner rim of the eye.
- Face: Studio Sculpt Foundation – Applied to the entire face, for natural yet flawless skin. Select Moisturecover Concealer – Applied where needed. Shading Powder in Sculpt and Lightsweep – Lightly brushed along the cheekbones and temple area. Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder – Swept across the skin to set the foundation for a matte face.
- Lip: MAC Pro Lip Erase in Dim – Applied to the lip.
Tip: Always apply a little blue on your eyes when you do black smokey eyes. A hint of blue on your eyes will never make your eyes look droopy. Try it! 🙂
Look 5: Luscious red lips, natural brows and porcelain skin.(Maybelline)
I am so gonna try this look. 😛
Look 6: Soft Pink Lips and Healthy Glowing Skin(NARS)
One of my fav looks.
- INSPIRATION: Disco-punk. “This is a youthful, rebellious look that exudes a strong sense of confidence. Energy radiates within the girls through their makeup with eyes that have a bit of a rock and roll feel,” said designer Phillip Lim whose in…spiration stemmed from an image of Blondie’s Debbie Harry.
- LOOK: “This look has many layers,” said NARS lead artist Lisa Butler. “The eyes are punchy and edgy while the skin was kept healthy and glowing. The lips are a soft, sheer pink for the elegant punk-rock princess style that Phillip was looking for.”
- PRODUCTS USED:
*Douceur Blush (NEW for Fall 2010)
*Abyssinia Single Eyeshadow
*Nymphea Single Eyeshadow
*Coconut Grove Single Eyeshadow (NEW for Fall 2010)
*London Eyeliner Pencil
*Bangkok Pure Matte Lipstick (NEW for Fall 2010)
Look 7: Contoured faces (MAC)
Makeup artist Charlotte Tilbury for MAC Cosmetics created an “Avatar”-inspired warrior princess look, with a dramatically contoured face. She applied a light brown shadow across the eyelid, pulling the color out to the sides for an almost feline effect. Shadow also ran down the length of the nose. Cheek bones were contoured with brown tones as well, and amplified with shimmering white highlighter under the eye and in the inner corners of the eyes. She brushed brows with clear gel and applied brown mascara in the shade Burnt Umber on the top lashes. Lips were bare.
Hairstylist Peter Gray for Redken continued the theme, creating two distinct hair styles for the show, as the designers showed both gowns and their diffusion line Mark & James. Gray described the first style as a princess look. A panel of hair was tightly pulled back on both sides and the top was kept loose with some height. The strands were then twisted in a rope design at the back of the head. To create the look, he misted Layer Lift 07 into the hair to give it a base [the key to prepping hair for multiple styles, said Gray] which he worked through using a blow-dryer. He also applied self-adhesive hair extension down the back of the hair. For the second look, referred to as “warrior princess,” the updo was let loose, and stylists worked feverishly to straighten the long strains, leaving the front of the hair as is. “The tension of the hair at sides of the face give a nice eye lift,” said Gray.
Nails were equally strong and futuristic, painted in Marquee Moon from Deborah Lippmann collection. Manicurist Deborah Lippmann described the color as “futuristic, sequins silver,” as there were tiny silver sequins embedded in the sparkling formula.