WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
This post is especially dedicated to all health-conscious folks. The title of this article itself seems intriguing because majority of people eat different types of food but remain ignorant about the health benefits they derive from it. “We portray outside what we eat inside,” this age-old saying has a lot of significance. Several researches have been carried out in different parts of the world in order to find out the healthiest diets for human beings. Well, there are many diets that you can follow to get fit and fab, but in this post, we will tell you which diet in particular works and tops the list. Keep on reading to know about the healthiest diet in the world. In this post, we will tell you about the healthiest diet in the world.
1. Mediterranean diet: This diet features fresh fruits, vegetables, fish, beans, nuts and spices, whole grains, healthy oils and wine. The reason for favoring this type of diet is because it helps in long-lasting weight loss, reduces heart disease risk factor, prevents diabetes, provides better eyesight and offers to prolong life. If you want to follow this diet, you have to limit the use of red meat and sweets. Also, you can consume fish, poultry and dairy products as they are the only source of fat but not every day. They are made with traditional preparations and shared with friends or family. Start indulging yourself in this safe and healthy diet to enjoy a healthy and happy life.
2. Japanese Diet: This traditional diet is followed by people of Japan who have one of the highest life expectancy rates in the world. It is rich in certain carbohydrates, vegetables, fruits as well as seafood and lean meat. This diet is a thorough low-calorie, nutrient intense diet. The Japanese government even issued a food guide advising the population to eat food low in saturated fat, processed foods and high carbohydrate contained food items. It has been found in researches that people who follow this diet are said to have lower mortality rate and are also saved from the conditions of developing boor blood flow to the brain. The chief idea is to eat enough food to feel 80 per cent full, and there is an emphasis on sharing with others.
3. Nordic diet: Rye bread, oily fish, root vegetables, and fermented milk and cheese are commonly eaten in the Nordic nations including Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland and Iceland. This diet is high in fiber and proteins but low in sugar. This diet focusses less on consumption of meat products and dairy items. Also, it shows benefits comparable to the Mediterranean diet. It has also been scientifically proven to reduce inflammation chances which is linked with increased danger of being diagnosed with colon cancer.
4. West African diet: Lean meat, vegetables, and cereal staples are commonly eaten in the West African diet. This diet stresses more on the consumption of healthy foods including fruit, vegetables, whole grains, fish, and food high in fiber and omega 3 fatty acids. Just like Mediterranean and Japanese diets, it is low in calories and bars from having processed foods. Diet in West Africa varies greatly across 16 countries, but cuisine does favor eating of Jollof rice, groundnut stew, dried and smoked fish, and yams.
5. Atkins Diet: This is a low-carb diet, usually opted for weight-loss programs. The main logic of this diet is losing weight while eating as much proteins and fats as you want but cutting down on the carb intake. The reason why these diets are so effective is due to the low carb and high protein intake that leads to reduction in appetite and consumption of lesser amount of calories. Under this diet, you have to avoid foods like sugar, whole grains, vegetable oil, trans-fats, high carb fruits and vegetables, starches and legumes. You are advised to eat healthy food items like meat, fatty fish, seafood, eggs, low carb vegetables, nuts and seeds and healthy fats. Atkins diet also allows beverages like water, green tea and coffee to be included in the program. This includes delicious foods like bacon, heavy cream, cheese and dark chocolate. At the end of the day, this is a very healthy diet to lose weight.
6. Military diet: This diet is currently one of the world’s most popular low-calorie diet which aims at reduction in weight quickly. It is also called the 3-day diet that can help you lose up to 10 pounds in a week. This plan involves a 3-day meal plan followed by 4 days off, and the weekly cycle is repeated again and again until you reach your goal weight. It is actually split into 2 phases over a 7-day period. For the first 3 days, you must follow a set low-calorie meal plan for breakfast, lunch and dinner. There are no snacks between meals. For the remaining 4 days of the week, you are encouraged to eat healthy and continue to keep your calorie intake low. It also allows dietary substitutions for people with restrictions but the amount of calories consumed should remain the same. This diet is more likely to be safe for healthy people and must not be extended for longer periods of time as this does not lead to lasting weight loss.
7. Intermittent Dieting: This is presently one of the world’s most popular health and fitness diet which helps people to lose weight and improve their lifestyles. This specifies an eating pattern between cycles of eating and fasting. It doesn’t mention explicitly regarding what to eat but it does mention when you should eat them. Common fasting methods involve daily 16-hour fasts or fasting for 24 hours, twice per week. This even enables humans to function for longer periods of time without having food. The most popular intermittent fasting methods are: The16/8 method, The Eat-Stop-Eat method, The 5:2 diet. All these involves splitting the day or week into eating or fasting periods. The main benefits of this type of dieting is weight loss, reduction in inflammation and insulin resistance, improving heart and brain health, reducing ageing process and also reducing chances of developing cancer. At the end of the day, you must always remember that this type of fasting is not meant for all. People with history of being underweight or eating disorders should never try this without proper medical consultation. Also, it is not equally beneficial for men and women, hence women should be more careful about intermittent dieting.
If you want to improve your health and maximize your longevity, start by making changes to your diet. From the above mentioned healthy diets from different parts of the world, try to incorporate one of them in your life. Best of luck and thanks for reading!!!