Among all dieting tips and tricks that work, intermittent fasting is super effective and gaining slow popularity. In this post, I am going to tell you everything that you need to know about it.
What is Intermittent Fasting
Intermittent fasting is a kind of diet that regulates not what you eat but when you eat. Of course you are not allowed to eat junk food while doing this, but it mostly depends on the time of your meals.
Popularity of IF
In various religious practices, intermittent fasting was practiced since the ancient times. The Muslims eat during a specific time of the day during the month of Ramzan. On various festivals, Hindus and Buddhists also follow a specific fasting period and break the fast at a certain time. Recently, a lot of scientific researchers are being done on its effectivity and thus it is becoming popular too. Along with bodybuilders who want their systems to follow a specific pattern to make the body healthy and strong, those suffering from diabetes and obesity also follow this to be benefited.
How it Works
The fasting is proven to help you reduce the calorie intake. Your body regenerates repairs and retunes the system for better activity. The circadian rhythm, gut microbes all get synchronized and work together to promote a better health and lifestyle.
The fasting works by maintaining a eating window (where you eat 3 meals in regular interval) and then fasting window. Generally people either skip the breakfast and eat meals between 12 pm to 8 pm or skip the dinner and eat between 8 am to 4 pm. The exact eating and fasting timings must be decided after you consult your dietician and physician.
5 Benefits of Intermittent Fasting
1. Positive Effect on Physiological Functions Intermittent fasting works well to maintain the hormonal balance of your body. It also allows the cells to repair and regenerates. It improves immunity and controls genetic regulations that allow you to maintain a healthy, long life.
2. Lose Weight and Belly Fat While intermittent fasting helps to boost metabolism (that burns more calories) it also lowers the calorie intake and these two together helps you to lose weight. It also increases the growth hormone and nor epinephrine level along with lowering insulin level which help to burn the fat from belly and other targeted areas.
3. Reduced Risk of Diabetes IF reduces the risk of obesity and also allows your hormones to function well which reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes.
4. Reduces Oxidative Stress The free radicals produced in our body often cause oxidative stress and damage the important molecules in our body including the DNA. This fasting makes the body more adaptable towards the stress and thus the damage is reduced.
5. Improves Heart Health The fasting lowers blood pressure, cholesterol, blood sugar level and triglycerides which keeps the heart healthy and reduces the risks of heart diseases.
Apart from all these, fasting also improves brain and nervous health and may help to prevent various neuro degenerative diseases. The researches are going on and more benefits will be discovered soon. However, for going through fasting, your body must be prepared well. So, if you plan to follow this, you must consult the specialists. If you are able to do this, you will see good results.
How to Do Facial At Home with Kitchen Ingredients
How To Do Hair Rebonding at Home with Wellastrate Straight System Kit
How to Do an Eye Spa at Home
How To Do Salon Type Facial At Home
10 Great Tips to Fasting it Right
14 Day Japanese Diet Chart For Effective Weight Loss
A 30-Day Indian Vegetarian Diet Plan for Weight Loss
How to Lose Weight in 4 Weeks- Diet Chart for Weight Loss
How to Lose Weight in One Month- Diet Chart for Weight Loss (Part 2)
7 Essential Oils for Weight Loss
10 Best Ayurvedic Ingredients for Weight Loss