Elle 18 Color Bombs Lip Smoothie Review, Photos, Swatches
Finally the Elle 18 gloss. The gloss deserves a separate review because there’s a whole lot to tell you. I’m quite in a dilemma like I was about the liner about if I should call it a good one or a bad one. So I would expect a final verdict from you. There were several glosses available but not the entire range. I had an eye for the strawberry one. But looks like entire Kolkata was buying Elle 18 yesterday and the stock was exhausted. Only in one shop did I find the lip glosses which they call ‘Lip-smoothie’.
Isn’t the color beautiful?
Price: 85 INR
Quantity: 9 ml
Ingredients: not mentioned. But they claim to have cocoa butter.
What Elle 18 claims: Deliciously beautiful lips in yummy fruit flavours. Smooth, glossy and super kissable.
Shelf-life: 24 months from packed.
I got the shade called Melon flame. I don’t know the shade number. The color is bright in the tube. But it is not heavily pigmented. There were other colors in brown which they called Peach. ( how strange!) any way me being a Brown color sucker opted for the melon flame. It’s a cute package. There is not too much to tell, so, let me get into the good and the bad points.
Swatch: The gloss has something runny in it. Is it cocoa butter or cocoa oil
The Pros of Elle 18 Lip Smoothie:
- That it is cheap obviously is the first thing I would notice.
- It claims to have cocoa butter. My lips felt quite soft and it stayed on for good 2 hours without eating, drinking and even speaking (because I’ve been studying :D).
- It is not at all sticky but oily sans the stickiness or being too oily. Just enough to give your lips a drench of moisture. It is not too shiny as well. Can’t put on a lot of the product on your lips.
- The quantity is quite good for such a price. I’ve been wondering why Lakme doesn’t make their Tube lip glosses in smaller sizes and lower prices. That way it is easier to finish as well as we can own so many. Even gift them. You don’t want to give expensive gifts to every friend or acquaintances you know. A piece of makeup never fails to make a woman happy.
- The narrow slant tip makes it easy to apply
6) There is something minty in it. I got that minty tingle. I cant tell if the gloss has a plumping action. My raisin dry lips get plumped up almost with any lip-balm. Let alone a lip gloss. But when the product reached the inner part of the mouth it tingled a bit which was gone after a minute.
The Cons of Elle 18 Lip Gloss
- The gloss is not pigmented enough. At first it imparts a slight subtle tinge of colors. After an hour or more the color is gone as I noticed. I prefer pigmented and thick glosses. The stickiness is no problem for me as every time I press my lips together I feel reassured that the gloss is still there and moisturizing my lips.
Apart from this I find no problem. Here is how it looked like on my lips is the day light. I’m wearing the gloss only.
Shall I repurchase? I would only after I finish at least one of my tube glosses.
Let me know what you think of the product.
- Elle 18 Color Bombs Color Burst Lipstick Review, Photos, Swatches
- Elle 18 Eye Liner – Black Out Review, Photos, Swatches
- Elle 18 Nail Pops Review
- Elle 18 Eye Sparklers Review, Photos, Swatches
Have you used Elle 18 Lip Smoothie?Please rate in the box below.