Winters are here!! So are dry lips. :(
What we usually catch hold off for chapped lips is our good old Vaseline. However it doesn’t stop the urge for me to use a lip balm. Lip balm as we know is a waxy substance applied on the lips to keep them from chapping, by moisturizing them. But for my dry lips nothing seems to be enough. (they get really thirsty during winter months… ;D ). They are blameworthy of mercilessly slurping tubes of Vaseline (that measure should be taken in liters now, I believe) and still being parched. And that is the only thing I don’t like about winters. I have tried a lot of gharelu nuskhe but they have been of very less use.
Also I have the habit of biting my lips, so that makes a complete pack up of lip problems that I have to tackle during winters.
However, it was only during last winter that I gave up using Vaseline, when I found out that this particular product called Oriflame Beauty Lip Balm is on discount and guessed that it can be helpful for my lip problem. So I asked mum to get one piece of that too, along with other items.
I wasn’t sure about its usefulness because none of my friends had ever tried it. But I desperately wanted to try it. So, only seconds later after its arrival the thing was on my lips and I was lost in the richness of this amazing product.
It was only later that I realized that its appearance was also superb just like the product inside the tube (comes in a lipstick case, shaped like one). However the ingredients were not mentioned on the pack. It cost me around 149/- or 159/- for 4gms when it was actually for 179/-. I find it a bit overpriced at 179/- for 4 gms. Anyways, I got it on discount so good for me :).
PROS of Oriflame Beauty Lip Balm:
• Totally lives up to its claim. Does make my lips smooth.
• Gives them a subtle sheen. Appears pink in the tube but goes on transy.
• Completely nourishing. My lips are soft for hours even when the product has faded off.
• Smell is also very subtle and kind of fruity. Tastes like a generic lip balm.
• The white casing looks really chic and classy. And is easy to carry too.
• Is more hygienic than potted lip balms, where we have to dip our finger in.
• Nicely priced.
CONS of Oriflame Beauty Lip Balm:
• No mention of ingredients.
• Goes on totally sheer; I would have liked slight pigmentation(that, anyways is a personal choice).
• Doesn’t last long on my lips: max. 1 hr without eating…. That maybe because of the nature of my lips.
• Its tip is a squarish which I personally don’t like (I like rounded tips as we see in a usual lipstick).
• I am at present using my second tube which again I got on discount; I guess such things go on discount near winters.
But, I encountered a problem with my first one; the silver outer case of the tube slipped out and kept slipping out every time I twisted the thing to use it , I think that was because it was loosely attached or something and that was at times really annoying.
• I don’t find it better than Oriflame’s Tender Care balm (which was reviewed by Shweta J few days back). Tender care is a bit more moisturizing…. :(
I guess why Oriflame people have stopped mentioning prices on products’ labels (or is it me who is not able to find ‘em??). That’s not a con, though. But I guess that’s all about it.
My Rating: 4/5
I hope u find this article (my first) helpful.