What Oriflame Power Shine Lipsticks claim: Lusciously smooth lipstick formulated to achieve ultimate mirror-shine. Metashine pearls drench lips in sparkling, 3D shine while rosehip seed oil and vitamin E moisturize. Exceptionally creamy formulation for easy application. Enriched with SPF 12.
ricinus communis, octyldodecanol, polybutene, pentaerythrityl tetraisostearate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, synthetic fluorphlogopite, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-1, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, lanolin, euphorbia cerifera, paraffin, calcium aluminum borosilicate, polyethylene, cera microcristallina, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, copernicia cerifera, tocopheryl acetate, butyl methoxydibenzoylmethane, parfum, tocopherol, canola, propylparaben, rosa rubiginosa, synthetic wax.
About the ingredients:
Silver-coated pearls reflect the light like micro-mirrors for a high-lustre effect. Rosehip seed oil rich in fatty acids and Vitamin C helps moisturise and protect lips, naturally. SPF 12 protection-UV filters protect lips from the potentially damaging effects of the sun.
Price and Weight: Rs. 279 for 1.6 gms
Total Shades: 15
What I like about Oriflame Power Shine Lipsticks:
● The packaging: Easy to store, handy to carry and classy to look at! Besides, the pack claims to be scratch resistant and it truly is making these lipsticks look brand new even when you have finished them up 🙂
● You can apply Oriflame Power Shine lipsticks right away on clean, exfoliated, bare lips without using a lip balm underneath though I find that these last you longer when combined with a lip balm. The moment you swipe them, they themselves feel like a balm is being rubbed across your lips. Oriflame Power Shine lipsticks do give you an initial spurt of moisture initially.
● I never use frosted lipsticks as I feel they do not suit me and look OTT. But these seem to have very subtle and sophisticated shimmer particles as opposed to glitter particles which look very pretty. I use this lipstick so does my mom who is twice my age and so does her sister who is twice my mom’s age 🙂 It comes out differently on all of us but looks very elegant. It is one lipstick which I feel can be worn by women across all age groups.
● The staying power is an average 3 hours if you are starving yourself and skipping meals 😛
●I am sensitive to fragrances but this smells yummylicious and reminds me of freshly cut melons 🙂
● It combines the effect and appearance of both a lipstick and a lip gloss.
What I do not like about Oriflame Power Shine Lipsticks:
● Your lips will eventually tend to feel dry after the initial spurt of moisture.
● The lip-balm-type-sensation also ensures that you get somewhat addicted to it and keep reapplying it whenever your lips feel dried up.
● The above also means that these lipsticks get over very very soon.
● Tends to settle in my fine lines if I do not swipe it again after a few hours. However, this is only because I have dry lips. It fades beautifully without settling in fine lines as far as my mother and aunt are concerned because they are blessed with smooth healthy lips unlike me 🙁
● Some of the shades in Oriflame Power Shine range (eg: Sexy Plum, Hot Peach, Gold Touch) apply very sheer and hence this might pose to be a problem for those with pigmented lips.
Verdict: As good or bad as your average lipsticks
Would you purchase again? Yes but only the pinks in this range
Oriflame Amber Elixir Body Cream Review
Oriflame Maxi Lip Gloss Pink Review, Photos, Swatches
Oriflame Essentials Tropical Fruits Mask Review
Oriflame Visions V Lipsticks: Six more Lipstick Shades
Oriflame Milk & Honey 2 in 1 Cleanser Review