WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Oriflame Gloss Booster: Swatches and Review
What it claims: Five delectably juicy shades of ultra-shiny, semi-sheer liquid lip gloss. Bursting with colour and flavour, they’re fun to wear and ultra-portable. With no-mess applicator tip.
Price and Quantity: Rs. 279 for 12 ml.
Total Shades Available: 5 (Red Currant, Peach Melba, Black Currant, Sugar Glaze, Toffee)
Ingredients: polybutene, oleyl alcohol, ricinus communis oil, polyethylene, aroma, hydrogenated castor oil, mica, canola, propylparaben, vitis vinifera, rosa rubiginosa, silica, bht, saccharin, tocopherol, ci 77891, ci 15850, ci 19140
The Good about Oriflame Gloss Booster
- Very simple no fuss packaging.
- Wonderful heavenly fragrance. I don’t know how to describe it but it smells very fresh and pleasant. This coming from a person who is extremely sensitive to most lipstick/lip gloss smells . 🙂
- I have the shade called Sugar Glaze and it works well as more or less a clear top coat over my mate lipsticks.
- I even use it atop my Jordana lip liners to create the effect of a lip stain and the results are more than just satisfactory.
- One of those rare glosses that looks prettier in sunlight rather than at night. I have often had women staring at my lips (presumably for the right reasons!) each time I have worn this during daytime.
- Each time I have worn this with a regular lipstick and eaten a meal, I noticed that it makes my lipstick/lip liner more or less transfer resistant! There is only a clear moist patch/stain that is left on glasses that I sipped from but absolutely no colour.
- Staying power is decent. It lasts for a good 3 hours on my lips and sustains itself very well through meals.
- Gives a sheer and shine finish in gloss form. Sugar Glaze, in particular, is perfect for creating a nude look.
- It visibly reduces the appearance of fine lines and makes my lips look fuller and healthy.
- Can be easily carried along in your handbag or travel bag.
- The tube does last for a good while.
The Bad about Oriflame Gloss Booster
- It is a bit sticky. But I feel my lips adjust to the stickiness in 15 minutes or so and thereafter it feels very smooth and makes my lips look very even.
- The gloss is somewhat thick in texture. In fact, I find it impossible to spread it evenly across my lips using the slant tip applicator already present on top of the tube. I have to use a separate little lip brush for this purpose.
- These lipglosses aren’t pigmented at all and some of the shades may not correspond with the names. For instance, Red Currant is more of a slight fuchsia pink with blue shimmer rather than a full on red gloss. I also find it to be the prettiest colour amongst the lot. Sadly, it got over before writing this review so haven’t been able to produce its swatches 🙁
- I do not feel it moisturises my lips very well. In fact, after I come back home, wash my face and remove all my make-up, my lips feel very dry. Though they feel neither dry nor moisturised when this gloss is actually on.
- I would have preferred the packaging and the overall look of the tube to be a tad more attractive.
Rating: :-* :-* :-*
Verdict: Not a bad try for those into tube glosses.
Would you purchase again? : Can’t say. I am always on the look out for unpigmented glosses that come in squeeze tube packaging so tend to experiment with different brands and do not stick to any one of them 😀