WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Hi Everyone, 🙂
I started this blog a few years back because there were no Lakme lipstick reviews online. I thought there might be people like me who would want to read reviews on Indian Makeup products. So today, I thought of rekindling those old memories. I thought I’d post about 10 Best Lakme lipsticks. But 10 turned out to be too small a number. So there you have 15 Best Lakme Lipsticks. All the titles are linked to the original reviews. Do check them out. Have a great weekend everyone. 🙂
1. Lakme Runway Red : It stays on and on without meals, it stays almost six hours without meals and with meals it would be a little patchy but still the tint of red is very much there for 3 plus hours. I liked it because it looks matte and the texture makes it easy to shape the lips.
2. Lakme Absolute Creme Lipstick – Royal Rouge I think medium and fair skin can carry this shade, this is really a face brightening shade and I love how it is a combo of pink and peach.I do think that the kind of texture it has, some might find it dry, and with time it gets dries, staying power is good, 3+hours is fine and the shimmer stays back and could be a little tedious but otherwise, very nice shade, matti-sh texture, pinky peachy color to brighten skin tone, will cover pigmented lips and could be fine for normal lips, if you have dry lips, use some gloss on top perhaps.
3 & 4 Lakme Absolute Lip Tint – Pink Sorbet & Candy Kiss: Pink sorbet is a bright pink color which every girl would like to have in her makeup kit while Candy Kiss is a mixture of orange and peach. The lip tints are quiet moisturizing and glide on smoothly on lips. My chapped dry lips are immediately moisturized.
5. Lakme Absolute Lip Tint in Berry Pink : Berry Pink is a beautiful pink color with a touch of mauve and berry to it. It has some neon effect which settles a few minutes after applying it. This pink will suit most of the Indian skin tones. It isn’t a very bold color, in fact it is a color which I love to wear when I have to go out casually to roam here and there or when I don’t want a bold makeup.
6. Lakme 9 to 5 Lip Color – Pink Bureau : This one is a coral pink with gold flecks, the gold twinkles and is barely visible, trust me, the lipstick is creamy to apply, it has a feather light finish and the gold shows up barely, it sets but not to a dry finish, you can rub it off if need, but it goes on totally matte!
7. Lakme 9 to 5 Lip Color – Pink Colar Without meals it will stay on for 4 hours easily, might settle in fine lines, but that is okay, with meals 2 hours plus, and might need to remove a little patchiness, overall way better than any matte lipstick you might have tried.
8.Lakme 9 to 5 Scarlet Drill Lipstick : The shade is an orange red with a hint of pink to it. It took me 10 minutes to write the previous statement, which very well describes how unique the color is. Being yellow toned, I always prefer orange/coral over pink, but when I get the perfect mix, it becomes an instant love. You can refer to the swatches for better understanding.
9. Lakme Absolute Lip Tint – Orange Tease The lip tint survived snacking, which was very surprising since it’s so creamy, I thought the color would rub off with my cookies (okay so cookies sounds lame, should I say my McVities Digestives, 😛 I am so lame).
10. Lakme Enrich Satins Lipstick #140 This one is a pinky plum not a very blue plum but I love such plums, they really brighten the face up. the shade is an awesome pinky plum and it has no shimmer or frost, it has a buttery creamy finish with a little glossy shine to it, not making it a creamy matte.
11.Lakme Enrich Satins Lipstick #149 This shade comes across as a bright raspberry pink with a soft, creamy finish. At first I thought there was absolutely no shimmer present, but on swatching and looking very closely, I saw some pink shimmer particles, so I would say that the shimmer in this lipstick could be described as hidden shimmer, which hardly shows up, but instead just adds light and shine to the shade, without being overbearing.
12.Lakme Enrich Satin Lipcolor #552 Fig : The color is very nice nude mauve. It is perfect for everyday and office wear. It gives a nice creamy and glossy finish. With single swipe it gives a very sheer coverage. If the color needs to show up properly, I need to swipe it multiple times across my lips. It doesn’t dry out lips and also I feel it is moisturizing..
13. Lakme Enrich Satin Lipstick No. 141 The lipstick itself is creamy and pigmented, quite like I had expected it to be. I think I would describe the colour as a pale peachy nude with fine/subtle golden shimmer in it. It is definitely a cream finish lipstick. I find that on my skin tone (NC 41), it sort of washes me out unless I wear it with adequate base makeup such as concealer and foundation.
14. Lakme Enrich Satin Lipstick #352 Cherry: This is amazingly pigmented and is opaque with a single swipe, the staying power is awesome. For me it stayed for 5 hours and then faded away with a light tint behind. For this colour I would like to use a lip brush and dab tissue before going out because, being so creamy, it bleeds. I am highly impressed with this sexy baby.
15. Lakme Lip Love Lipstick – Love Haze : These lakme love lipsticks are amazing!!!!! They do everything they say…they are creamy and they do hydrate and smoothen the lips. This product has been a staple in my bag since I got it. Coming to the shade, well I love nude lip colors and this one is a nude brownish color when you look at the stick but on the lips is comes as a soft peach brownish color which looks lovely.