Lotus Herbals has launched its Colour Dew Nail Enamel Range almost two months back. Here are its features, swatches and my review. 🙂 Enjoy!
What are Lotus Herbals Colour Dew Nail Enamels?
They are toluene, acetone and DBP free nail paints.
Toluene: disturbs woman’s ability to reproduce and it is linked to birth defects
DBP: di-butyl phthalate
- is a skin irritant and may cause liver damage.
- may cause spontaneous abortion in women exposed to it.
- narcotic in high concentrations.
- attacks the nervous system, eyes, blood, liver, kidneys and skin.
- is a skin irritant & makes cuticles dry & dull
- makes nails brittle.
Price: Rs 95/ for 8ml – (Indian Rupees)
Shades available: 10
Why should you buy Lotus Herbals Nail paints?
- They are free of harmful chemicals that may harm your nails. This gives me such a relief that now I can paint my nails without any scare of harmful chemicals. And I wear nail paints A LOT.
- The brush is pretty flat so it makes the application pretty easy.
- I don’t know if this is a valid point or not but the bottles are generously filled with the paint. They are filled till the top.
- They don’t streak. You check the swatches and you wouldn’t find any streaking.
- They don’t chip. I wanted to try these paints completely before writing the review so I applied the paint without any base or top coat. I applied two coats of paint at least 4-5 days back and have washed utensils, cooked food and some other work but these paints didn’t fail me. Today morning, I saw that the paint on my hands is starting to fade from the corners but the paint on my feet is intact. Highly impressed!
- Pricing is quite comparable to the other brands available in this section.
- The bottles are pretty cute and sleek.
Why should you NOT buy Lotus Herbals Nail paints?
Limited shade selection: I would want to see more of pinks, blues, reds, blacks and many more colours.
See photos: 🙂
Go Grapes: It’s a pale green colour. No shimmer.
Luscious Berry: Metallic mauvish colour with silver shimmer.
Orange Alert: A sunset yellow colour and has a golden shimmer to it. I am going to mix and match it with a black nail paint.
Orchid Pearl:A metallic violet colour. Looks very pretty on feet, especially. 😛
Cozy Mulberry: One of my favourites. It’s a pale mauve colour. Non shimmery.
Note:The products in the entry were sent to me by company for consideration
PS: the first image is the copyright image of Lotus Herbals.