WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Lotus Herbals has launched its Colour Dew Nail Enamel Range almost two months back. Here are its features, swatches and my review. 🙂 Enjoy!
What are Lotus Herbals Colour Dew Nail Enamels?
They are toluene, acetone and DBP free nail paints.
Toluene: disturbs woman’s ability to reproduce and it is linked to birth defects
DBP: di-butyl phthalate
- is a skin irritant and may cause liver damage.
- may cause spontaneous abortion in women exposed to it.
- narcotic in high concentrations.
- attacks the nervous system, eyes, blood, liver, kidneys and skin.
- is a skin irritant & makes cuticles dry & dull
- makes nails brittle.
Price: Rs 95/ for 8ml – (Indian Rupees)
Shades available: 10
Why should you buy Lotus Herbals Nail paints?
- They are free of harmful chemicals that may harm your nails. This gives me such a relief that now I can paint my nails without any scare of harmful chemicals. And I wear nail paints A LOT.
- The brush is pretty flat so it makes the application pretty easy.
- I don’t know if this is a valid point or not but the bottles are generously filled with the paint. They are filled till the top.
- They don’t streak. You check the swatches and you wouldn’t find any streaking.
- They don’t chip. I wanted to try these paints completely before writing the review so I applied the paint without any base or top coat. I applied two coats of paint at least 4-5 days back and have washed utensils, cooked food and some other work but these paints didn’t fail me. Today morning, I saw that the paint on my hands is starting to fade from the corners but the paint on my feet is intact. Highly impressed!
- Pricing is quite comparable to the other brands available in this section.
- The bottles are pretty cute and sleek.
Why should you NOT buy Lotus Herbals Nail paints?
Limited shade selection: I would want to see more of pinks, blues, reds, blacks and many more colours.
See photos: 🙂
Go Grapes: It’s a pale green colour. No shimmer.
Luscious Berry: Metallic mauvish colour with silver shimmer.
Orange Alert: A sunset yellow colour and has a golden shimmer to it. I am going to mix and match it with a black nail paint.
Orchid Pearl:A metallic violet colour. Looks very pretty on feet, especially. 😛
Cozy Mulberry: One of my favourites. It’s a pale mauve colour. Non shimmery.
Note:The products in the entry were sent to me by company for consideration
PS: the first image is the copyright image of Lotus Herbals.