Wedding/ Bridal Makeup Kit
I went with my friend yesterday for her Marriage Kit Shopping. We were running short of time so we could not pick up stuff from lots of brands so we concentrated mainly on buying from MAC, Colorbar, and Inglot.
Some statistics about her skin type and skin tone
Skin tone : Fair + green eyes
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
Skin type : Oily + acne prone
Also, she does not wear too much eye makeup so her makeup kit needed to be focused more towards lips and face. The only makeup she mostly wears is a Red Lipstick. 😀
So here’s what we bought:
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
- 8-10 lipsticks and lipglosses from Colorbar Soft Touch Lipstick, Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipstick , Hollywood Lights Lip Gloss and 2 Juicy Candy Lip Gloss. She kept a mix of shades from pinks, browns and neutrals. Also 1-2 lipsticks were especially for her wedding and reception dresses.
- Eyeliners: We picked 3 Colorbar I glide Eye Pencils: Prunella, Cocobar and Silver Hue (Rs 325 each). She doesn’t wear black eyeliners but if you do, you must have atleast one black eyeliner. She’ll borrow liquid liner from her sis. 😛
- Mascara: Extreme Lash Mascara . It is waterproof . Rs 600
- Colorbar Makeup Box. This covered all her eyeshadows and her basic blushes. (Rs 950)
- Blush: We wanted a shimmery blush so we picked up Cinnabar (Rs 250). Colorbar also has a gorgeous bronzy shade blush called Cider. I am going to pick that up soon. 😛
- Duo Sharpner: It is a very classy black sharpener and can be used to sharpen both fat and thin pencils . 😀 (Rs 199)
- Colorbar Foundation brush for liquid foundation application.Rs 500
- 2 lip pencils : Nude Pink and Wild Red Rs 225 each
- Nail paints 6-7 , nail paint remover and makeup remover.
She didn’t want to buy separate brushes for her rather wanted a travel brush kit that included most of the basic brushes . Colorbar has a Travel brush kit worth Rs 4000 that includes most of the basic brushes. Since I have a mixed experience with Colorbar brushes so we did not pick the kit.
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
- Inglot Travel Kit Set Red: It includes an angular crease brush, blending brush, lip brush, powder brush, blush brush and a concealer brush. Price Rs 3400
- Inglot Pressed powder: The texture of this powder was excellent and it matched her skintone to the T. It comes with a mirror and sponge.
- Lipstick and a lipgloss: Her matte red lipstick (Rs 680) and a sleek lip gloss (Rs 560)
- Inglot face Primer: Rs 900
She got two makeup pouches free with her shopping. 🙂
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India
- MAC Tinted Moisturizer for her regular use. Rs 1580
- MAC Studio Fix Fluid for full coverage Rs 1580
- She picked another lip gloss- Creemsheen Lipglass in Partial to Pink Rs1050
- MAC Select Cover Up Concealer
- MAC Fix + Spray- She did a trial test a few days back and it did suit her skin.
- Makeup Sponge Pack Rs 200
We did not have time or else I had also included some Maybelline Moisture Extreme lipsticks, Lakme Eye pot in topaz and Colossal Mascara. Since hers is a Muslim wedding so no Lakme Liquid Sindhoor for her. I was telling her that she would miss “Chutki bhar sindhoor” episode at her wedding. 😛
If I have to sum up as to how should one make a wedding makeup kit here are the following points:
SOLUTIONS FOR ACNE: 5 Remedies to Treat Acne at Home | Top 10 Creams for Fading Acne Scars | 10 Home Remedies to Treat Scalp Acne | 8 Home Remedies to Reduce Acne Scars | 10 Tea Tree Oil Products for Acne-Prone and Sensitive Skin | Home Remedies to Treat Hormonal Acne
- Make a list of all the things you have or want to buy. This will keep your organized and you would know what to buy and what not to.
- Lipsticks: Keep a mix of light and bright shades in your collection. Pick up shades that you would use most often. Also pick up at least one or two lipsticks that match your wedding/ function dresses. If you like glosses, pick up atleast one clear gloss so that could be used with all the lipsticks. Recommended budget brands: Colorbar, Maybelline (Moisture Extreme), Lotus Herbal Lipsticks
- Blush : Pick up atleast one matte Blush and one shimmer blush. Recommended budget brands: Colorbar makes some excellent blushes. Lakme blushes from their Bridal Sutra range are also fine. Lotus Herbals Botanical Blushes.
- Lip pencils: Pick up atleast one neutral shade of lip liner and if you wear red lipstick pick one red lip liner for sure. Recommended budget brands: Colorbar (okayish), Lakme Glide on Lip Colour
- Liquid liner: You must pick atleast one basic black or brown liquid liner. Recommended budget brands: Lotus Botanical Liner, Colorbar Eyeliner, Lakme Eye Artist.
- Eye Pencils: Buy eye Pencils that suit the colour of your eyes and shades that you would mostly be wearing. I love Colorbar I Define and Colorbar I Glide Eye Pencils. Don’t buy just because of a pretty colour, not everything pretty might suit you.
- Eyeshadows: If you don’t wear too many eyeshadows, invest in eye palettes rather than picking up single eyeshadows. Just make sure that the palettes also includes the shades that matches your wedding dress, especially. Recommended budget brands: Maybelline makes some amazing quads (Rs 220), Colorbar Eyeshadow palettes. You may also purchase Colorbar Makeup box that includes 16 eye shadows.
- If you have oily skin, definitely buy a makeup primer. I know Maybelline has makeup bases but I don’t know if I want to recommend those. MAC has a prep and prime range and Inglot also makes makeup primers.
- Nail Paints: Same as lipsticks. Buy a few shades that match your wedding dress and a few that you can wear with other dresses. Recommended budget brands: Maybelline Colorama, Lotus Herbal Nail Paints, Colorbar Nail Polishes.
- Makeup Brushes: Totally up to you whether you want to buy a compact travel kit or individual brushes. Must haves would be a foundation brush, blush brush, 1-2 eyeshadow brushes, and powder brush.
- Compact: Definitely buy a compact for touch ups and regular use. Recommended budget brands: Maybelline Whitestay UV Compact, Lotus Herbals Botanical Compact.
- Foundation: Do invest in good foundations. It is such an important thing. Your base would make so difference to your look and DON’T buy foundations that are lighter than your skin tone. Buy the exact shade of foundation as your skin tone. Also make sure that you don’t buy foundation with illuminating particles. The illuminating particles would reflect the light and your face would look greasy and oily in pictures. Invest in a foundation that is matte and gives a full coverage Recommendations: Revlon Colorstay Foundation, Maxfactor Panstick Foundation, MaxFactor Age Renew Foundation. If you want to go for a high end brand, Lancome has an excellent foundation called Teint Idol Silky Matte. MAC also makes some amazing foundations, you may choose according to your skin type and skin tone.
- Mascara: Go for waterproof. Recommendations: Maybelline Colossal Volume Mascara, Colorbar Waterproof Mascara. High End: Estee Lauder Magnascopic Mascara, Lancome Hypnose Precious Cells Mascara.
- Also pick up sponges, cotton swabs, Q-tips, blotting sheets,makeup remover and nail paint remover.
- You may also pick a vanity kit for keeping all your makeup stuff. 🙂
- Definitely keep a basic moisturizer and a lip balm in your kit.
That completes your wedding makeup kit. I hope this proves to be helpful to brides-to-be. 🙂 If I have missed out on something, please let me know, I’ll add it.
And thanks to Ki and Poornima for asking me to write this article. 🙂
HAIR: 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Regrow Hair on Bald Spots | 6 Hair Growth Secrets from Around the World | 7 Best Hair Oils For Faster Hair Growth | How to Make Rough Hair Silky | 30 Killer Hair Care Tips
I wish I knew all of this before my own wedding. :-((