WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Ambika Pillai Lite Lipstick Review:
Hello everyone..:) This is a review of Ambika Pillai lite lipstick. Actually I bought Ambika Pillai lipgloss,mascara,liquid liner and lipstick.Will review them one by one.So today I am reviewing the lipsticks.I bought them from fashionandyou.com. They always send items in this cute red satin bags which are inturn packed in a sturdy carboard box with lot of bubble wrap.
Price: it was on sale and it came as a set of one lipstick and one gloss so I don’t know the actual price.they may nearly be 500/- each.
Net wt: 3.4 ml
Additional pics of the packaging:
The lipstick case is very sturdy and pretty.the cap is transparent and has “ambika pillai” written on one side and on the other side it has a tiny mirror which is very useful for touchups. the best part of these lipstick is that they have tiny lights embedded in the lipstick case! Which are super useful when you don’t have any light around or you have to touchup in a dark place!(like in a car with no lights 😛 ) the colour is indicated on top of the cap so it is easier to spot the lipstick when you are in a hurry.
The colours I bought are “lure” and “flame”
Lure: a semi matte dusty rose colour.
Flame: a semi matte eye popping deep orange colour.
These are semi matte lipsticks which are creamy and glide on smoothly.they have a mild warm sweet coconutty smell to them.they don’t have any kind of taste.these are highly pigmented.the colour you see in the tube is what you get on the lips.just one swipe and you get the true intense colour on your lips.since these a so creamy it tends to look cakey when swiped directly.it works best when you use a lip brush,apply the first layer and then blot it lighty with a tissue and after that apply the second layer.It tends to stay longer if applied this way.it doesn’t dry out the lips and infact it feels quite moisturizing. If used in the above mentioned way it’s staying power is very good i.e., 3-4 hrs with eating and sipping in between..it can stay even longer i.e., nearly 5-6 hrs without fading if no eating and sipping is involved.the colour fades evenly.it doesn’t vanish from your lips completely..it leaves a stain on your lips which comes off completely only when you use a amkeup remover.very less touchups are required.these are not tested on animals and partial proceeds from our purchase are given to Indian charities! How cool is that! *yahoo*
Pros of Ambika Pillai Lite Lipstick
- highly pigmented.
- quite moisturizing.
- mirror and lights are quite handy and useful.
- colour is indicated on top of the lipstick cap.
- staying power is pretty good.
- is not tested on animals! Yay! 🙂
- patial proceeds from our purchase benefit Indian charities! Again yay! 🙂
Cons of Ambika Pillai Lite Lipstick
- tends to settle in fine lines if applied a li’l bit heavily even with the lip brush.so the application process is time consuming.
- due to its super creamy texture it can not be swiped directly from tube.you always have to carry and use a lip brush and then blot lips with a tissue.
- the coconutty smell may irritate some ladies who don’t like coconut flavour.
This is a very good lipstick to have in your collection but do not buy this if you are a lazy head 😀
Will I purchase them again? YES..but only if I find any interesting colours otherwise NO because it consumes a lot of time for application.
IMBB rating: :* :* :* +0.5
Have you used Ambika Pillai Lite Lipstick ? Please rate in the box below
Also Read :
- Lotus Herbals Floral Glam Lipstick Photos and Swatches
- MAC Tartan Tale Dazzleglass Cremes, Lipstick Photos, Swatches
- Elle 18 Dewlipz Lippers Review
- Maybelline Lipstick Swatches : Watershine, Moisture Extreme, Color Sensational