Hard Candy Nail Enamel by Ambika Pillai Shade No. 12 Review, Photos
Hey everyone. This is my first attempt at writing something for IMBB. I have literally learnt the ABCD of make up from here. So thought I should atleast try giving back in some form. So wish me luck!! 🙂 🙂 🙂
Today I will review Hard Candy Nail Enamel by Ambika Pillai Shade No. 12. Since Sireesha has already reviewed the Ambika Pillai lipstick and is gonna review the lip gloss, mascara and liquid eye liner, I thought I’ll review the nail color from her range.
PRICE :– The actual price of the nail color is INR 250. But you generally get it on sale on fashionandyou and the sale price is INR 199. As far as I am concerned, I had placed an order for a lipgloss, lipstick, liquid eye liner, mascara and nail color and I got the entire set for INR 1625.
NET WEIGHT :– 15 ML / 0.51 US FL OZ
SHADE :- The nail color is a classic hot pink shade. Its a beautiful bright pink color.
I am this crazy nail color addict. I’ve been stocking up on those tiny Elle 18 nail colors since school. Be it green, yellow, orange, black, blue,red, pink, I have it all. I did not own a hot pink shade, so thought I’ll add this to my collection!!!
The bottle is HUGE. It looks like a giant sitting amongst my tiny Elle 18 nail colors. Lol!
This nail color is gonna last me a long, long time. It drys really fast. I mean by the time I was done painting my last nail, the first one was ekdum dry. So I guess it hardly take 15-20 seconds to dry. The quality of the brush is great. So basically, I absolutely love everything about this nail color.
Now for the Pros and Cons :-
PROS of Ambika Pillai Hard Candy Nail polish
- Love the shade. I think it will impart just that right amount of color to a white or black outfit.
- Is chip resistant for a good 5-6 days without a top coat or base coat. So I am pretty sure it will last even longer if worn with a base coat and top coat.
- One single coat is enough. With a single coat, the color comes on beautifully on the nail. So great pigmentation and no multi coats necessary.
- Dries super fast.
- The packaging is very good. The bottle is big and sturdy.
CONS of Ambika Pillai Hard Candy Nail Polish
- As far as the shade is concerned, I don’t think it has any negative points. Just that it probably will suit fairer skintones more than wheatish skintones since it is such a bright color.
- The price is on the higher side. But the quality of the nail color is great so I guess the price in justified.
- Availability is obviously an issue. I don’t think Ambika Pillai cosmetics have any retail presence.
I can’t wait for fashionandyou to put Ambika Pillai cosmetics back on sale. This nail color and the other products that I bought from her range are great and I would definitely want to buy some of the other shades.
I would give this nail color a 4 out of 5. Minus 1 for the availability factor.
Hope you liked the review!!! 😀 😀 😀
Have you tried Ambika Pillai Hard Candy Nail Polish? Please rate in the box below
Also Read :
- Ambika Pillai Lite Lipgloss Yum Yum, Fifi Review, Swatch, Photos
- Ambika Pillai Lite Lipstick Lure, Flame Review, Swatch, Photos
- Professional Makeup Courses and Makeup School/ Academy in Delhi
- How To Reuse and Revive an Old Lipstick
- Elle18 Color Bombs