How to Apply Nail Polish Neatly
Nail polishes have been in fashion since hundred of years now and when I say hundred I really mean it. People of China’s Ming dynasty (15th century) and Chou dynasty (600 BC) used colour’s to enhance their nails. Egyptian queen Cleopatra also used nail paint to enhance her beauty. Like every other cosmetic product nail polishes too have through a long transition.
A good coat of nail polish can add zest whether you keep your nails long or short. But, at times things are not as easy as they look. At times nail polish can look messy especially when you have to paint your nails with a non-writing hand.
Mentioned below are some tips and tricks that may help you get that professionally done look.
• Always prepare your nails before painting them to get a smooth look. Never ever apply your nail polish over a coat that has already been smudged if you want to get that right polished look. Remove all traces of old nail polish, dirt and oils from your nails. Then cut and shape them to the length you desire. Also remember to smooth away all the rough edges on your nails.
• Always opt for a firm support before you start painting your nails as, steady control of hands while polishing will save you from making mistakes.
• Now start off by applying a base coat on your nails before the actual polish. Base coat will prevent your nails from staining and will also help the nail polish go on smoothly. Before proceeding further make sure that your base coat has dried off completely.
• Always remember to apply your nail colour on your smallest nail first and then, work your way in the direction of your thumb. This will help you to reduce the chances of ruining your wet nail paint.
• Always wipe off the excess polish from your brush before you put it on your nails. Start off by applying a stripe of colour down the middle of your nail, from cuticle to tip. Follow this with colour on either side of the stripe. This technique will help you to keep you nail polish on the centre of your nail rather than on the corners, where it can be a dripping mess. If required repeat the process for a second coat. Pastel colours are trickiest to apply as they take few extra coats to give a smooth opaque colour.
• Finish off by applying a top coat after a few minutes of waiting.
Some Tips to Keep your Nails Healthy:
• Increase the intake of fruits and vegetables to heal the nails from the inside and keep them healthy. Also, include the sufficient amount of vitamin A, iron and calcium in your diet.
• Apply vegetable oil on the finger tips and massage your nails with it. This would help to strengthen them.
• Use baking soda to clean your nails and soften cuticles. Dip a nailbrush in baking soda and scrub your nails with it.
• Avoid the frequent use of acetone based nail polish remover. Acetone quickly removes moisture from the nails and makes them dry.
Hope these tips help you all next time you decide to give your nails a makeover.
So what are you waiting for girls? Go ahead and have fun painting.