Aryanveda Tea Tree Face Wash Review
I have recently had a very bitter experience (quite literally) with a face wash from a relatively “new but emerging” brand, Aryanveda. I think many of us must have passed through Aryanveda products sitting in shelves in malls and supermarkets and walked past the brand, but I picked up a face wash from this brand, and even while I am writing this review, I can’t believe how pungent it is…….yuck……………:(
WHAT DOES THE LABEL CLAIM:
Cleansing agents in Aryanveda Tea Tree Face Wash unclogs skin pores and anti-bacterial properties of key ingredients in the face wash removes acne causing bacteria from skin. It further balances oil content in skin.
HOW TO USE:
Apply thoroughly all over the wet face and massage in circular motion till lather is formed and milli capsules are crushed. Rinse with clear water. For best results, follow it with Aryanveda Moisturiser (as per your skin type).
Extract of Tea Tree, Mint, Basil, and Thyme Oil.
PRICE: Rs. 100 for 120 mL.
MY TAKE ON ARYANVEDA ANTI-BACTERIAL AND ANTI-ACNE FACE WASH WITH TEA TREE MILLI CAPSULES:
I have a strange and weird habit of getting drawn to products that have capsules and things floating in them (ting…….Everyuth Golden Glow and Eva Moisturizer!!!!). When I picked it up, I saw there were these cute green capsules floating in the face wash and I will admit it for once, that I picked it for just that reason…….basically, I read only two things on the label, “face wash” and “capsules.” It is only much later while I was paying more attention to the label that I realized it was anti-bacterial and for oily skin.
This chubby tube of face wash contains a clear green gel with tiny fluorescent green “fungi-like” capsules floating in it. When I opened the flip cap, there was this pungent and very caustic smell coming from it…..this smell although I could guess was of Tea Tree’s, was too repelling. I want my face washes to smell good and nice, but this smell had me twitching the nose while using it.
I took a small amount of the face wash with capsules in it and the capsules almost disappeared while I was applying it on to the face.
This face wash does not produce a great lather and I had to spend a considerable amount of time in getting it off. After washing it off, a slick layer is formed on the skin which gives the face “an unwashed look.” I am completely repelled not only by the way the face wash smells, but also how the way it leaves a layer of film behind…..:(.
About the anti-bacterial claim, I think the pungent smell of the face wash is enough to make the bacteria run for their life.
PROS OF ARYANVEDA ANTI-BACTERIAL AND ANTI-ACNE FACE WASH WITH TEA TREE MILLI CAPSULES:
• Attractive packaging, the milli capsules almost beckon you.
• There is a lot of face wash in the tube.
CONS OF ARYANVEDA ANTI-BACTERIAL AND ANTI-ACNE FACE WASH WITH TEA TREE MILLI CAPSULES:
• The pungent and caustic smell of the face wash is very repelling. It is an ayurvedic concotion all right, but, they could have done some sort of manipulation to make the tea tree smell a little pleasant.
• Relatively new brand.
• Complete list of ingredients is missing, most of the ayurvedic products excuse themselves from listing all their ingredients, which is not fair. Government should put and prescribe strict rules for Ayurvedic products so that they publish their entire list of ingredients.
• Does not give a clean look after use. It just leaves a slick layer on the face giving an unclean look.
• Had a hard time washing the face wash off the face, does not lather.
WILL I PURCHASE IT AGAIN: NO.
IMBB STAR RATING: 2/5……+1 for the quantity and another +1 for the milli capsules.