During summers, skin tan is a common issue and we tend to look for all sorts of creams, face pack, and treatments to get rid of the tan, but tend to ignore one of the most effective ingredients available in every Indian kitchen – tomatoes! Tomatoes are a rich source of vitamin A, C, B, K that helps to detan, control sebum production, control acne, stimulate collagen production, and the list goes on. Since vitamin C is also a powerful antioxidant, found abundantly in tomatoes, they help fade away blemishes, brighten skin tone as well. Additionally, tomatoes contain “lycopene,” which provides protection against sun. Since it’s not difficult to find this inexpensive ingredient, it would be prudent to explore different ways to clear all your skincare woes, especially to get glowing skin.
1. As a Cleanser: Extract juice out of one tomato and mix it with 1 tbsp of milk. After washing your face with plain water, apply the mixture on your face and leave for around 10 to 15 minutes and rinse off to deeply cleanse skin.
2. To Shrink Open Pores: Mix fresh tomato juice with a few drops of lemon juice and apply it on your face. Massage your skin gently and leave it on for 15 minutes and rinse away to shrink large facial pores.
3. For a Healthy Glow: Mix equal quantities of honey with tomato juice. Apply it on your skin and wait for 20 minutes. Regular use of this face pack will brighten up dull skin.
4. To Calm Skin Irritation, Redness and Sun-Burnt Skin: Mix the pulp of tomato with yoghurt and apply the mixture on your face. Wait for twenty minutes and rinse. This pack helps to soothe irritated and sun-burnt skin.
5. To Fade Away Tan: Mix tomato juice and lemon juice together and apply it on your skin. Since both lemon and tomato have bleaching properties, the mixture would help to clear tan and fade uneven skin tone.
6. As a Scrub To Exfoliate: Cut tomato into two halves and dip one half into granulated sugar. Now, use it to scrub your face gently. Regular use of this scrub would make skin soft, smooth, and bright.
How to Lighten Facial Hair with Tomatoes
Easy Homemade Tan Removal Treatments