Another major problem faced by women these days is excessive hair fall. Hair fall is a problem faced by almost all men and women whereas baldness is more common among men. The hair loss pattern differs from person to person. Recently it has been proved that even women face baldness in a large scale. There are numerous causes, treatments and even preventive measures for this which would be discussed in this article.
We could have seen our great grandmothers in their 80s with great amount or thickness of hair that our mom would have lost when she was just 50 and high chances that we lose it when we are in 30s !!!! Yes today’s life style has immense effect in our body including our hair. The hair growth cycle would give you an idea about the rate of hair growth.
Hair growth cycle – Usually each hair (naturally) grows approximately half inch per month irrespective of how you take care of your hair. Each hair has a growing period of 2-6 yrs [depending on various factors like age, hormonal changes, etc] after which they tend to fall. After the hair fall a new hair would grow from the same follicle.
• Increased stress levels changes the way the hormones work in our body and thus causes baldness.
• Hormonal changes during pregnancy.
• Allergy caused due to certain medicines. For Eg. Medicines prescribed for depression, hormonal changes, blood pressure, etc.
• Allergy caused by products like hair dye, shampoos, etc.
• Fungal infection in the scalp.
• Dandruff and dandruff that does not get treated on time.
• Pollution that includes both air and water. Careful while you dip yourself in swimming pools that is filled with chlorine water. My friend actually said the chlorine in a swimming pool changed the colour of her swim suit !!!!!
• Dirty and badly maintained hair.
• Hormonal changes like thyroid problems would cause extensive hair fall that result in baldness. My mum faced this, though she recovered now.
• Best way to prevent it is to have a healthy diet that is rich in vitamins and iron. Also including amla, curry leaves and other green leafy vegetables would enhance the hair’s condition and helps in developing strong hair.
• Have your health checked regularly so that any deficiency would be treated earlier and at the same time the side effects caused can better be prevented.
• This is the internal way and externally it is always necessary to keep the hair clean and free of any infections and dandruff. It is also better to use good shampoos and good hair care brands.
• Keep an eye on your hair always. If you are losing large amount of hair suddenly it is better you consult a Doctor immediately.
Unlike premature greying, this baldness in women can be treated. So never lose hopes Treatment varies from person to person.
• Changing the medicine that causes hair fall in you.
• Changing to a clean and healthy lifestyle by taking proper hair care. If you spend 5 mins for your face spend 10 mins for your hair. You can always imagine a face without make up but not a bald head.
In worse case where the above points don’t help there are options available like having a wig or doing artificial hair transplantation. However if you feel this cannot replace your natural hair then better start pampering your hair now.
Hair Care 4: Tips for Dry Hair
Hair Care 1: Structure of Hair
Hair Care : Do It Yourself Hair Protein Pack
Hair Care 3: Tips for Healthy Hair
9 Hair Care Tips for Long Hair for Indian Women
Hair Care 2: Shampoo and Conditioner
Split Hair Ends: Home Remedies and Treatment