WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
The United States is the undisputed land of cosmetics and makeup items. From luxury makeup items to drugstore cosmetics, everything is available in this la la land. It is the Mecca of millions of international brands and multitudes of indie brands have found fertile ground to grow and flourish in this country. A dizzying plethora of varieties to choose from that suit every practicable choice from quality to quantity, all possibilities that one might consider under the blue sky is available in the US. So today, we have made a list of brands that we believe are the best in the US, and if you are planning to go on a trip to the United States or have a friend there, you might want to try to bag a few of these exquisite and exclusive branded items. So, let’s begin with the 20 best beauty brands to buy from USA.
1. Charlotte Tilbury: The brand takes its name from its founder, the famous makeup artist, Charlotte Tilbury. This brand started off like a cyclone that tore through the world of cosmetics and established itself firmly on solid foundations courtesy the high quality and diverse range of products that it offers to us all. It is truly one of the best makeup brands in the world. Their best-selling products are Magic Cream, Filmstar Bronze and Glow, Magic Foundation, Matte Revolution lipsticks, Lip Cheat Lip Liners.
2. Anastasia Beverly Hills: What originally began as a brow product making company on Instagram, has today taken the entire world of cosmetics by storm. From pomades and gels to a whole array of liquid lipsticks, contour kits, eyeshadow palettes, and so much more, you name it and Anastasia Beverly Hills has it all.
3. Too Faced Cosmetics: This brand dates back to the 1990’s. It is known for using the finest, cutting-edge ingredients to make best quality cosmetics for eyes, face and lips. We do agree that it comes heavy on the pockets, but the investment is worth giving a shot. There are many lucrative offers running like two free samples with every order, and often they have 20% off sale plus their attractive packaging is hard not to fall for!!
4. Urban Decay: The name itself speaks volumes about its popularity. This brand has established a solid beauty market in US and boosts of amazing makeup products that are cult favourites of many Hollywood stars. The brand even has a “Beauty Junkies” rewards program that allows you to earn exclusive perks and discounts. Some of the cult favourites from the brand are the naked palette (1, 2, 3), lipsticks, prep and priming spray, and of course makeup setting sprays.
5. Chanel: This brand which started its journey in the beauty world with its signature cosmetic little fragrance called No5 has grown into one of the world’s leading, luxury and high-end makeup brands. Chanel has a wide range of makeup products with seasonal launches and is promoted by well-known Hollywood starlets like Kristen Stewart. They also offer amazing skin care solutions and have a full makeup line as well. You must surely try its signature Chanel No.5 perfume once in a lifetime!
6. Drunk Elephant: Using rather unique, non-toxic and natural ingredients, this start-up cosmetic brand had cut a name for itself, with its range of signature products. One of the many unique ingredients they use in their products that truly stands out is the virgin marula oil that is shown to help gain a luminous complexion, which is just wow.
7. E.L.F. Cosmetics: This brand has hit home on turfs of variety and affordability. That’s right, E.L.F. Cosmetics stands out amongst the crowd because it offers a huge range of products that do not burn holes in one’s purse and it’s a hit with high school and college-going crowd.
8. MAC: MAC is to cosmetics what Mercedes is to automobiles. A global leader in the production and sales of cosmetic products, it has become a benchmark for cosmetic brands to match up to. MAC has millions of loyal consumers for their makeup foundations, primers, fabulous lipstick hues with 8 different types of finishes, mascara, eyeshadows, etc. Their skincare range is highly impressive too from MAC Volcanic Ash Exfoliator to Strobe Cream, everything is a hit.
9. Estee Lauder: This iconic brand made landfall like a cyclone with its signature anti-aging products. That’s right, Estee Lauder’s anti-aging Advanced Night Repair Serum and its host of fragrances like Beautiful, Modern Muse and Pleasure, have elevated and established the brand to vertiginous heights of prestige amongst its patron buyers. Estee Lauder makeup products have a certain elegance to them, and their packaging is something absolutely flaunt worthy!
10. Sephora: If you are thinking colors – classic and style – uber trendy, you are no doubt thinking about our favourite Sephora. This brand has done it right by us girls who are into classic colors and wish to sport trendy looks. Whether you wish to pamper yourself or gift one to your bestie, you can browse from their extensive selection of eyeshadow palettes, lip sets and make-up kits and, just like the brand, do right by yourself and your friend.
11. Clinique: With its allergy tested stand and 100% fragrance free line of skin care and makeup products, Clinique products are completely safe for all skin types; in fact they are tailor made for those with sensitive skin. Clinique is truly a wonderful brand and a global player and has broken uncharted grounds by providing cosmetic cures to acne breakouts and yielding proven results in a host of other allied skin issues.
12. Kylie Cosmetics: With the launch of her instant global hit, the Kylie Lip Kit, the American media personality Kylie Kristen Jenner took the world by storm after launching her very own line of cosmetics, the Kylie Cosmetics, in 2016. The “Keeping up with the Kardashians” star, Kylie’s brand offers eye shadows, lip glosses and eye liners, lip kits containing liquid lipstick, lip liner, eyeshadow palette and blending brush, all sold separately as well as in packs.
13. Colorpop: This brand lives up to its quirky name. Offering products with catchy names like – ‘Two to Tango’ and ‘Yes, No, Maybe So’- that are linguistically a delight to one’s ears – this brand has successfully hit the market with its range of luxury eyeshadow, lip color, highlighters and pressed powder that are manufactured for their target audience – those who desire sporting trendy bold colours. Their most selling product is of course their very popular “matte liquid lipstick.”
14. Physician’s Formula: Reputed as the ‘sensitive skin’ brand, Physician’s Formula is just what the doctor ordered. This brand is a global name today for its range of products that hit the high notes on “drugstore-friendly” market. And it is really nice to know that those with sensitive skin find home in this internationally acclaimed brand.
15. Covergirl: This American cosmetic brand has been around since 1961, having passed through the fingers of multi-billion dollar MNCs like Noxzema Chemical company to P&G in 1989 to finally getting acquired by Coty Inc. as recent as 2016. It is a historic brand that has kept growing in popularity since its very inception and has never quite shown any signs of slowing down – ever. Covergirl continues to dominate the minds of young cosmetic savants and make-up connoisseur the world over.
16. Bite Beauty: Founded by Susanne Langmuir and subsequently acquired by Kendo and carried exclusively by Sephora, this Canadian brand is famous of manufacturing edible cosmetic products. Yeah, you heard me right girls, this brand produces cosmetics like lipsticks and balms that contain food-grade ingredients infused with resveratrol (a potent anti-ageing ingredient) that aren’t harmful if ingested. The brand has a flagship store in New York.
17. Morphe: ‘Created for the creators, for the dreamers’ that’s how this exclusive luxury brand, brands itself. Conceived by artists and creators, trendsetters in Los Angeles in 2008, this brand kick started a storm of cult cosmetics. It is targeted for the most creative and imaginative make-up artists and enthusiasts all over the world, a sentiment that is captured all too well in the phrase that is airs on its official website, – ‘we are more than just a brand; we are a ride-or-die fam’. Woah!!
18. Tarte Cosmetics: Tarte Cosmetics is a one of the most raved about brands at any Sephora store. And why shouldn’t it be? This brand which is one of the hot favourites of any US blogger is known for its extensive quality of products. In addition to that, a lot of their products are vegan friendly. If you want to try Tarte Cosmetics, get your hands on their best-selling products like Amazonian Clay Foundation, Park Avenue Princess Bronzer, Amazonian Clay Blush, Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara and, of course the infamous Shape Tape Concealer.
19. Tatcha: This brand is the personal favourite of celebrities like Meghan Markle, Kylie Jenner and Jeffree Star, Tatcha has established a niche for itself as a luxe skincare brand that takes inspiration from traditional Japanese beauty secrets and uses natural ingredients. Its most raved about products are Luminous Dewy Skin Mist and Silk Canvas Filter Finish Primer. You can easily get them at any Sephora US store..
20. The Ordinary: The Ordinary may be confusing brand for those who haven’t used it before but only you get the drift of how amazing its products are, it will become impossible to live without using this brand. This Instagram-friendly beauty brand boosts of minimalist packaging and effective, active-ingredient driven products at shockingly affordable prices. Its skincare solutions are really effective and if you ever pay a visit to US, make sure to load your shopping bag with products from the Ordinary. Hollywood Reality TV star Kim Kardashian uses its Granactive Retinoid Emulsion 22% to take care of her ageing woes. Other highly popular products from The Ordinary are – Salicylic acid 2%, Alpha Arbutin 2%, Buffet, Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres, etc.
So beloved readers, tell us what you feel about our list and leave your thoughts in the comment section below. And as always, stay beautiful and keep reading.