While frequent hand washing and use of sanitizers is a top priority for all of us right now, so as to stop the spread of germs, are we overlooking the side effects of these hygiene practices? Cracked, dry, and scaly hands are all too common, right? We need to moisturize our hands on priority too, not only for cosmetic reasons, but to prevent infections as well because if there are cracks on the hands or if the skin is raw (due to excessive dryness), then germs and microbes find it easier to gain entry into the body through such broken barriers. Remember to immediately moisturize your hands after sanitizing or washing hands, and no! well-moisturized hands would not pick germs, but cracks and raw skin would! In this post, we list out 24 best hand creams to soften rough hands and to prevent chapping, scaly, and dry skin.
1. Palmer’s Coconut Oil Hand Cream: Price – approximately 350. Palmer’s Coconut Oil Hand Cream claims to cover the hands in a glove-like protective barrier, to lock in moisture and softens skin’s texture.
2. Loccitane Shea Butter Hand Cream: Price – INR 2200. It’s an extremely popular hand cream and L’Occitane claims it is sold every three seconds around the world! It is made with extracts of shea butter, almond, and coconut to nourish and moisturize hands.
3. Vaseline Intense Moist Cream: Price – 175 INR. Vaseline Deep Restore Moisturizing Cream claims to penetrate the outermost layer of the skin to help heal dry skin and also lock in moisture. It is formulated with glycerin.
4. The Body Shop Almond Milk and Honey Calming and Protecting Hand Cream: INR 450. This hand cream claims to contain honey and almond milk, and moisturizes skin without making palms sweaty. It heals the roughness and calm down the skin too.
5. Nivea Hand Cream for Dry Skin: Price – INR 80. Claims to be an intensive treatment for instantly soothing very dry hands and chapped hands.
6. The Face Shop Daily Perfume Hand Cream Cherry Blossom – INR 300. It has a nice scent and claims to have Vaseline, shea butter, olive oil to keep the skin moist all day long along with hyaluronic acid.
7. The Body Shop British Rose Hand Cream: Price – INR 395. It has a non-greasy texture and is a rose-scented hand cream.
8. Bath and Body Works Water Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Hand Cream: Price – INR 399. It absorbs quickly and leaves hands soft and smooth. It is enriched with hyaluronic acid.
9. Cerave Reparative Hand Cream: Price – Approximately 600. Claims to be a non-greasy formula that that repairs dry and cracked hands and helps protect the skin barrier. It has ceramides and Hyaluronic Acid that help in retaining moisture in the skin.
10. Aveeno Intensive Relief Hand Cream with Oatmeal: Price – INR 1299. This hand cream has natural oatmeal extracts and rich emollients to relieve dry skin.
11. Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream: Price – 349 INR. Neutrogena Norwegian formula hand cream claims to be an effective hand cream to relieve dry, chapped hands.
12. Dove Dermaspa Cashmere Comfort Hand Cream – Price – 299 INR. Claims to have concentrated oil essence and cell moisturisers that absorb fast and penetrates deep down to help repair very dry and rough hands.
13. Dove Coconut Hand Cream: Price – INR 150. With extracts of coconut and almond milk, it claims to provide intense moisturization to the hands.
14. Marks and Spencer Magnolia Hand and Body Lotion – INR 399. It has the sweet fragrance of magnolia flowers and is enriched with shea butter to leave skin soft and smooth.
15. Kama Ayurveda Hand Cream: INR 725. Claims to be infused with shea, cocoa and kokum butters which help regenerate skin cells and absorbs deeply for touch-ably soft and smooth hands. It’s a bit heavy and rich hand cream that takes almost a minute to get absorbed completely. Once it gets absorbed, it does not leave any trace of product behind. If you have dry hands and you are looking for something that is rich and nourishing, you must give it a go.
16. Palmer’s Raw Shea Butter Hand Cream: INR 295. Claims to be a concentrated cream that nourishes and smoothes dry, dehydrated skin.
17. Innisfree Jeju Life Hand Cream: INR 300. There are around three variants in this range and all of them claim to have a moist formula that moisturize hands.
18. Tony Moly Magic Food Banana Hand Milk: INR 525. The Tony Moly Magic Food Banana Hand Milk comes housed in a cute banana shaped squeezy tube with a dispensing nozzle. It moisturizes hands without feeling slippery or tacky.
19. Lotus Organics Divine Soothing Wild Rose Hand Creme: INR 345. It claims to be delicately scented with rose fragrance this hand creme deep nourishes the skin and keeps it hydrated all day long.
20. Forest Essentials Hand Serum Blood Orange: INR 1295. This light yet rich Hand serum with extracts of aloe vera, blood orange essential oil, sweet almond oil claims to help improve the appearance of fine lines. Regular usage helps to plump the skin leaving it exceptionally soft, smooth and lightly scented with Blood Orange essential oil.
21. Evion Cream: INR 140. It’s not specifically marketed as a hand cream, but it’s a moisturizing cosmetic cream enriched with Aloe Vera and Vitamin E. Evion cream is non-oily and gets absorbed into the skin quickly. It nourishes and moisturizes the skin.
22. Burt’s Bees Almond and Milk Hand Cream: INR 2200 approximately. It is enriched with sweet almond oil, vitamin E, beeswax, and does not have parabens or phthalates. This nourishing hand lotion claims to condition your hands to soft, smooth status.
23. Aquaphor Healing Ointment: Approximately INR 2000. It’s a multipurpose ointment and designed specifically for sensitive skin. It is dermatologist recommended and can be used to tackle many skin woes.
24. Bath and Body Works Vanilla Buttercream Hand Cream: INR 399. This hand cream has a lovely vanilla fragrance and with moisturizing shea butter and vitamin E, it leaves skin smooth and nourished.