Forehead wrinkles, or what is also known as fine lines, are something that concerns a lot of women starting from their late 20s. Fine lines has been associated with ageing and while some wear their fine lines with pride, accepting them as badges of honor in respect of their age and experience, a majority of us worry about the first appearance of lines. Nevertheless, since it concerns quite a few, people have invested time and energy in trying to find a solution to get rid of fine lines and wrinkles. But before we move on with treatment or preventive measures that we should adopt against wrinkles, let us take a few moments to understand what wrinkles are and how they are formed.
How are Forehead Wrinkles Formed?
Our skin has proteins called collagen and elastin which gives skin its firmness and suppleness, but as we get older, our skin starts to lose the elastin and collagen fiber and consequently, our skin’s finer blood vessels shrivel up causes wrinkling. And the older one gets, collagen and elastic production decline, leading to wrinkling. Other than ageing, other factors responsible for wrinkles are direct and prolonged exposure to sunlight, repetitive facial movements, and the damaging effect free radicals and toxins have on our skin. And there are many categories of wrinkles too such as atrophic crinkles and rhytids, permanent elastic creases, gravitational folds, and dynamic expression lines. However, the good news is that there are definitive ways to get rid of wrinkles, especially from your forehead.
How can you Get Rid of Forehead Wrinkles?
One has a cornucopia of options to choose from. While solutions obtained from home remedies and lifestyle improvements are quite uncertain in giving fast results, one definitive way to get rid of forehead wrinkles is to opt for professional help. Let’s see what are the professional options to get rid of forehead wrinkles.
1. Acupuncture: In this process, a trained, licensed acupuncturist reduces your forehead wrinkles by toning the muscles in your face. To see results from this treatment, one has to go for about 10-12 sessions over a period of 5-6 weeks. The basic idea of this treatment is an acupuncturist will insert fine needles into strategic points along the body and face which helps to stimulate production of collagen and elastin in the forehead area. Upon regular sessions, your face looks plumped and blood circulation improves which eventually reduces the appearance of forehead wrinkles.
2. Neurotoxin injections: One can go for medical/surgical interventions such as botox treatment or Dysport Injections etc. These injections block the nerve impulses that cause muscle contractions in your forehead. Hence, your forehead wrinkles would soften and become less visible to people. The amount of product in the injection is decided by your doctor as per the severity of the wrinkle in your forehead. However, this is not a permanent treatment to cure your forehead wrinkles. You would need to take them every 3-4 months if you want to keep up with the appearance of reduced forehead wrinkles.
3. Laser resurfacing: Laser Resurfacing treatment is also another means of removing wrinkles. In this procedure, your doctor will direct energy from a laser or pulsed diode light directly to your forehead. The procedure can last anywhere from 30 minutes to two hours. The light from the laser removes the top layer of the skin which of course results in a mild wound which would not much visible. This process stimulates the production of natural collagen and helps to enjoy the look of wrinkle-free forehead.
4. Facial Fillers: One can also choose from the really wide range of dermal fillers such as hyaluronic acid or HA such as prevelle, bolytero, restylane and juvederm. A filler is nothing but an injectable that helps to fill areas on your face that are empty. This gives the appearance of fuller and smoother skin. Often in case of severe wrinkles, fillers are combined with botox treatments. Mostly people prefer HA fillers because it has a natural formulation and helps to refill areas that look sagged due to ageing or external factors.
5. Chemical Peels: Chemical peel can also be used to treat forehead wrinkles. This process uses a chemical such as acids to strip away the outer layer of skin which eventually reveals the appearance of smoother and healthier skin sans wrinkles. Due to the peeling process, the skin that shows up is new, tight, firm, with less wrinkles and fine lines. You can get different formulations of chemical peels in the market. For a more gentle chemical peel, alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) or beta hydroxy acid (BHA) will be used. Trichloroacetic acid is also used by doctors as a more common form of chemical peel. For extreme forehead wrinkles, phenol peels are also widely used. However, one must exercise caution while going for such treatments as in case of overuse or incorrect use, the results can be opposite and can damage the skin. Chemical peels should be strictly done under the supervision of a certified doctor.
6. Dermabrasion: Then, of course there is the option of removing forehead wrinkles by dermabrasion. A dermabrasion treatment is a process performed by a medical practitioner to remove the outer layer of skin. This is nothing but a more rough form of exfoliation which might cause slight discomfort during the treatment. It is an extreme version of exfoliation. This process removes the outermost layer of skin that constitutes wrinkles, fine lines, light acne scarring, hyperpigmentation, and more. When the top layer of the skin is removed, the new layer that shows up is wrinkle free. This treatment does not wear off like Botox injections, so you will be able to see results in the long run.
7. Facial Surgery: Some people with deep wrinkles opt for facial surgeries like Forehead Lift/ Brow Lift to correct wrinkles. Such surgeries are done by skilled practitioners and are considered more or less as a permanent remedy for someone who has severe wrinkles on the forehead. That doesn’t mean your skin won’t sag or droop later. One can also go for multiple surgeries to correct any effects of previously done surgeries.
So, these were the mostly used list of professional treatments to remove forehead wrinkles. Certain home remedies such as microdermabrasion kits are also a popular choice. The use of coconut milk masks is pretty common while homemade facial peels with AHA and BHA are also popular. There is also the option of performing facial exercises that would help you to reduce and manage forehead wrinkles. Once can also apply anti-ageing facial patches, over-the-counter line-erasing creams, olive oil massage, aloe vera packs to reduce the appearance of forehead wrinkles. One must also follow a healthy diet, sleep for at least 8 hours in a day, and avoid direct exposure, use a good sunscreen to get a wrinkle-free forehead. Also, stay away from wrong practices like smoking or drinking as much as possible.
From all that has been discussed so far, two things must have become abundantly obvious. Firstly, forehead wrinkling is a natural phenomenon and happens to everyone with progressive age or exposure to sunlight and chemicals. Secondly, forehead wrinkling can be reduced and managed rather effectively with the assistance of a few simple remedies. And of course the medical/surgical options too are quite available. So in other words, forehead wrinkles can be removed or at least be tackled with.
So dear readers, tell us what you think of today’s article in the comments section below. Keep reading, Bye!!!